Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US Phantom Official release
Hello All,

I just received official announcement of the Phantom release in the US. I will be browsing the information in the forum to learn more. I am very interested in any excitement or issues that current owners are experiencing.

Kind regards,

Jay
Welcome Jay.
I had silver Phantoms from the first factory delivery. The sound quality was astonishingly good from the beginning but the launch software was very unstable.
It has been updated several times, both the Spark controlling software and the internal firmware in both the Phantoms and the Dialog.
Mine are stable now and still sound just as great.

I could live with them as my main system (though I won't) I don't think any conventional hifi comes close at the price, but you do give up a conventional type of connectivity and if you are a cable or box swapper they are not for you...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(28-May-2015, 15:12)f1eng Wrote: Welcome Jay.
I had silver Phantoms from the first factory delivery. The sound quality was astonishingly good from the beginning but the launch software was very unstable.
It has been updated several times, both the Spark controlling software and the internal firmware in both the Phantoms and the Dialog.

I could live with them as my main system (though I won't) I don't think any conventional hifi comes close at the price, but you do give up a conventional type of connectivity and if you are a cable or box swapper they are not for you...

@f1eng: You're using a stereo pair? With the Dialog? Is stereo operation now consistent and reliable? I'm very, very intrigued by the Phantom system but some of the early reports on the software and Dialog in particular were pretty bad.
(28-May-2015, 18:01)02nz Wrote:

@f1eng: You're using a stereo pair? With the Dialog? Is stereo operation now consistent and reliable? I'm very, very intrigued by the Phantom system but some of the early reports on the software and Dialog in particular were pretty bad.
I have a stereo pair with a Dialog (it can't be any other way with more than 1 Phantom) and things have dramatically improved with the latest version of Spark. Very stable, no crashes or the like. It 'just works'. As it should have done from the beginning.

I'm going to be adding a 3rd one to my set up, mainly for movies to see what happens.

The only caveat is the Spark setup is still a nightmare. It is a sit on the edge of your seat experience waiting for it to work.
I have heard them today in a 4 phantoms setup. It's awesome for movies. I love it.
Thanks, Stonedragon. I can live without Spark and use just Airplay through Airport Express at least for the time being.
Will they be available through dealers in the US, or directly, or both? I would love to buy a pair.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Are there anyone in the USA who already own Phantoms ? if so, did you order directly from Europe? 

Thanks!
Mtn Guy

Thanks for the warm welcome!  I have the 800s in one of the rooms and they are amazing. Very nice setup you have!
(28-May-2015, 19:02)stonedragon Wrote:
(28-May-2015, 18:01)02nz Wrote:

I have a stereo pair with a Dialog (it can't be any other way with more than 1 Phantom) and things have dramatically improved with the latest version of Spark. Very stable, no crashes or the like. It 'just works'. As it should have done from the beginning.

I'm going to be adding a 3rd one to my set up, mainly for movies to see what happens.

The only caveat is the Spark setup is still a nightmare. It is a sit on the edge of your seat experience waiting for it to work.

There are going to be a good deal of frequent updates. There is some really nice stuff coming.
(28-May-2015, 23:45)AaronG Wrote: Will they be available through dealers in the US, or directly, or both? I would love to buy a pair.

I am not sure at this point. I have only received information on pricing and ordering as well as features available in the US.
(31-May-2015, 02:48)MountainGuy Wrote: Are there anyone in the USA who already own Phantoms ? if so, did you order directly from Europe? 

Thanks!
Mtn Guy

I Do not believe that you can order US compatible voltages from Europe at this time.
It is an automatic Switch Mode PSU and uses whatever voltage is available you just need a different cable.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers