Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAC Air connection to Phantoms help please.
I have just bought one of the above with a view to ripping my cd's and storing them on the MAC. What is the best way to then wirelessly play the stored music via the Phantoms.
Get the Bluetooth adaptor from Devialet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have already got this but I thought Bluetooth was not of very high quality in terms of streaming.
Get a Apple Airport Express and plug it in the optical input of your Phantom.
Then you can use Airplay from your Mac.
You need a Toslink to mini Toslink cable for that.
PH
thanks
You can just download the spark application on your mac from the devialet website and can stream your music stored on your mac directly from the application.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(31-May-2015, 13:29)Phs Wrote: Get a Apple Airport Express and plug it in the optical input of your Phantom.
Then you can use Airplay from your Mac.
You need a Toslink to mini Toslink cable for that.
PH

No, Apple Airport Express doesn't work. Airport Express has a firmware bug, you will have drop-outs using it.  Angry

You have to use an Apple TV and and Toslink cable
Spark doesn't 'see' the mac.
(03-Jun-2015, 19:05)Rodrat2 Wrote: Spark doesn't 'see' the mac.

I may be misunderstanding. You should be running Spark on the Mac and it should "see" the Phantom system. "Air" is the software for wirelessly connecting to one of the amps, not to Phantoms.

I have Spark on my iMac, where most of my rips lie, and my laptop, which has very little music on it but is in my lap Smile With Spark running on both my lappy and iMac I can chose what to play from either/both on my laptop, so I just launch Spark on the iMac then do everything else using Spark on the laptop.

Until yesterday I thought all the problems had been fixed with the latest firmware, but I was back to hesitations and stuttering which led me to unplug the lot and go back to a proper hifi before one CD had been played.
Devialet asked me to connect everything by ethernet as a test but it is so inconvenient to do I haven't got round to it, not least since it was has worked fine several times recently.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I have spark on my macbook but when I try to play a track it just plays on the mac. I am new to the Mac world so I am likely not doing something right.