Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAC Air connection to Phantoms help please.
I use my Airport Express plugged into Phantom every day, no droupouts for me, it is just perfect.
PH
(04-Jun-2015, 20:58)Phs Wrote: I use my Airport Express plugged into Phantom every day, no droupouts for me, it is just perfect.
PH

Interresting. Which firmware version of the Airport Express do you use?

I am using the newest version, dropouts every few seconds. I tried different Airport Express (I am owning several of them). It is no Wi-Fi problem (strong signal, happens with Ethernet too). I found descriptions of this problem at different places in the Internet.

My Apple TV works without problems. Direct connect to Mac does not have any problems too.
(04-Jun-2015, 19:02)Rodrat2 Wrote: I have spark on my macbook but when I try to play a track it just plays on the mac. I am new to the Mac world so I am likely not doing something right.

What do you mean by "it just plays on the mac"?

Is the music playing from your computer's speakers? Or can you only listen to it on your Phantoms if selected directly from your computer?
It plays from the computer speakers. I have not found a way to access the music on the mac via spark.
If it plays through MAC speakers, you can't be playing the music from the Spark app. Spark has no facility to choose any other Sound Output Device than the Phantoms. If you are using Dialog/Phantom Optical inputs and your own Media Player software, then you musn't be selecting the correct digital output device in OSX.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Hum, I do not have a Mac (the closest thing is a third generation iPad that I received as a gift) but since Spark works in the same way on Android, iOS and Windows it should be the same process.

1. click on the cogwheel in the lower-right corner ("Edit my sources")
2. click on the "online sources" tab
3. there should be a source with your computer's name, click on the slider to the right of it in order to "activate" it (it should turn light-orange)
4. select which folder(s) you want to access from Spark

After this you should see your computer on Spark's main screen under "SOURCES" (along with Deezer/Qobuz/Tidal if you use those) and be able to search for the music stored on said computer.