Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does anyone use subwoofers in their setup?
(10-Jul-2015, 00:34)completeluxury Wrote: ??????

It's simply still not implemented in online configuration , almost for two weeks of waiting now.
When Oceane Turpin said ASAP I thought in a day or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
i just had no idea what you were referring to Smile
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Month and a day Sad

Maybe they forgot since its not so important to majority of users ?
Devialet 800| B&W 802 Diamond | JL 113 | Linn Akurate DS + Denon HEOS for Spotify | Stealth Reverie speaker cables| Audioprana AES/RCA | DH LABS PC 
(19-Jul-2015, 16:07)Stigmater Wrote: Month and a day Sad

Maybe they forgot since its not so important to majority of users ?

I'll reopen the case and see what they respond. Keep you posted.
I have JL E-112, and soon Im gettimg another one. They are nice subs. (Im not devialet owner)
My spies tell me that firmware 8.1.3 will have the addition of "a delay feature". Another post on this forum today suggests 8.1.3 will be released into the wild next week. That's all I know, as to what the "delay feature" is and how or if it will be incorporated into the configurator, I haven't a clue!
Confused , you probably right ,
we (at least me Smile)waited a month , ill wait another week.
I was convinced I might need a sub with my 400 + triangle speakers, so I borrowed a REL S3 from those nice people at Oxford Audio. After an initial confusion as to how best to wire up, I consulted all the REL destructions on wiring this beast up to mono's, although they kept referring to 4 wires (red,yellow & 2 x black) yet mine had only 1 black, so I made the assumption that 1 black is fine as long as it got put onto just one of the -ve posts.

Sure enough, got it working over the weekend. (Red to +ve Top, Yellow to +ve bottom, black to -ve Bottom) and prepared for some revelations... and was disappointed!

Much to my surprise, I could not hear any appreciable difference, which rather surprised me.

The sub was definitely working, and I did mess with the various adjustments which did change things a bit, but turning off and then on again with a wide mix of tracks seemed to show that the Deltas were pushing out competing deep bass to similar levels, enough to make the sub irRELevant (did you see what I did there? Rolleyes ) ????

Even when winding up the bass through the D400 remote, the output seemed equally strong on both.

Frankly I still don't understand why the sub did not show a step-up in the lower registers?

Have my ears got that old? Can't be right, surely! Huh
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
for me its not massive night and day differences, but having 2 subs definitely adds... something... to my room! its a subtle difference and my descriptors of various auditory effects are probably not on par yet.

either way i wouldnt give them up!

did you try setting up a crossover so that the speakers and subs werent competing at those low notes to see if it made a difference? just because a speaker can play low notes doesnt mean its doing it well?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
If there aren't (m)any issues in bass reproduction for a given room/loudspeaker/loudspeaker placement combination then a sub can't help to fix issues that aren't there! Wink

Setting up a subwoofer the -right way- isn't easy though. IMO measurements are mandatory.

Personally I prefer low level connections (feeding the sub a pre-out/sub-out input) instead of the high level (feeding the sub using the main LS outputs). It gives you the possibility to employ crossover filters, delay, etc.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands