Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7.1.2 to 7.1.3 beta upgrade w/o new config?
As the title suggests can I do the proposed upgrade without any configuration changes? And where did the 7.1.3 beta download go once 8.0 was released?

Thanks in advance!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Manoet,

Confused helped me with the same question in the Firmware 8.0 thread. I just copied his reply here.

"The 7.1.3 beta version is still available on the Devialet website, under the "assistance" section, then click on "Announcement". It's there, but very well hidden to be honest."

I found the 7.1.3 link following his instructions, and I assume it is still there.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks Damon! I knew I had read it there originally and just tried a page-by-page reread and was up to #39 when you saved me. My hunch is no configuration changes will be required but I'll pore over them anyway to see if there's something I can't live without. (famous last words)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Nailed the FW update! Took about an hour to figure out how to extract the required 17 files from the SD card on the new iMAC (I was a PC guy till a month ago) and at nigh on 70 yrs old I'm not strong on ANY computer! Once extraction was accomplished I was up & running 7.1.3 within 4-5 minutes. Immediately threw on Al Stewart's Roads to Moscow streamed in 24/96 which is my go-to bass test and people here are right, ie; bass and mids are much improved over 7.1.2. Still dread my first expedition into configuratorland tho. But no hurry with existing 8.0 being as controversial as it is.

Thanks for your help Damon!
You are welcome; it's pretty rich of me to be giving advice, as I don't tend to fuss with my gear too much so I have a limited range of experience discovering (or creating) problems and then fixing them. And, as the weekend was perforated by various non-audio obligations as well as work (imagine my outrage), and I'm still on 7.1.1. But I did download 7.1.3 after Confused helped me, so I will get there.

Very glad the update worked.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada