Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power off Devialet Phantom
Does anyone know how to power off the Phantom or does it goes on standby when not playing music?
Pull the plug out or switch off at the mains. The on/off switch on the speaker seems to do bugger all apart from reboot.
It goes into standby when no signal is detected but you can also power it off by holding the back button for a few secs until you hear a sound.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(01-Jun-2015, 22:17)mixart Wrote: Does anyone know how to power off the Phantom or does it goes on standby when not playing music?

What works for me are remote plugs.

Plug the Phantoms into them and then it is a simple matter of switching them off with the remote, without having to mess about.

Its great, because I can turn on/off my Dialog and three Phantoms without leaving my seat.
(02-Jun-2015, 09:10)stonedragon Wrote:
(01-Jun-2015, 22:17)mixart Wrote: Does anyone know how to power off the Phantom or does it goes on standby when not playing music?

Plug the Phantoms into them and then it is a simple matter of switching them off with the remote, without having to mess about.

Its great, because I can turn on/off my Dialog and three Phantoms without leaving my seat.

Where can I get hold of a remote plug or two please?

Cheers,

Al.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Jun-2015, 23:13)trashken Wrote: It goes into standby when no signal is detected but you can also power it off by holding the back button for a few secs until you hear a sound.

Do you know how much watt it use in standby mode?
While we're on the topic, how much power do Phantoms and Silver Phantoms use at normal volume (for me that's ~60-70dB at the listening position). Thanks.
About 30-40W each Phantom! I have seen this via a passive monitor on my electricity meter. (That's STANDBY power)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(02-Jun-2015, 11:53)Axel Wrote:
(02-Jun-2015, 09:10)stonedragon Wrote:

Where can I get hold of a remote plug or two please?

Cheers,

Al.

if you are in the UK - Maplins.

Anywhere else in the world - not a clue. Sorry.
(02-Jun-2015, 12:44)JohnnySix Wrote: About 30-40W each Phantom! I have seen this via a passive monitor on my electricity meter. (That's STANDBY power)

That's just too much.