Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with sync
Got my 200 companoin today and at first it semed to work ok but after a while a noticed somthing strange.

If I use the phono input and everything is ok but if I change to say AES/EBU input I get very loud sound in the right speaker (slave) and only a little in the tweeter in the left speaker (master). If I change back to phono it is ok again. But this can also be the oposit that the AES input is ok and the phono is loud in the right speaker and only a little sound in the left.

Anyone who has hade the same problem?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Delete the config for slave and companion at each SD-card. Copy the same firmware to each SD-card and put the cards in the slots of both Dev and wait for update. When update is OK next delete the firmware from the cards. After than copy each txt-file direct from the configurator again to the correct SD-card and put them into the slots. Thinking this will help.

Sent by iPad
I tried that once and it did not help but the second time it looks like it is working ok......has not tried to shutdown and restart and see if the problem comes back hopfully the reloded firmware and config files did the trick.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(02-Jun-2015, 17:29)octaviars Wrote: Got my 200 companoin today and at first it semed to work ok but after a while a noticed somthing strange.

If I use the phono input and everything is ok but if I change to say AES/EBU input I get very loud sound in the right speaker (slave) and only a little in the tweeter in the left speaker (master). If I change back to phono it is ok again. But this can also be the oposit that the AES input is ok and the phono is loud in the right speaker and only a little sound in the left.

Anyone who has hade the same problem?

Hi octaviars: I got the same strange thing (plus with exaggerated bass). It does not depend on the input channel, but it seems to occur on any channel that is open first. This occurred to me twice and then stopped. For safety reasons I went back to the last beta of v. 7 because at the moment I don't need the new functions of v. 8.
Today I listened to the phono input and it was ok but when I changed to AES the problem came back.......MERD

But today I tested to take out the SD card in the companion and when I put it back and the companion restarted up the sound was ok again.

Today I sent a mail to Devialet about it and my dealer is going to hear about it to......

Second system

(03-Jun-2015, 13:05)octaviars Wrote: Today I listened to the phono input and it was ok but when I changed to AES the problem came back.......MERD

But today I tested to take out the SD card in the companion and when I put it back and the companion restarted up the sound was ok again.

Today I sent a mail to Devialet about it and my dealer is going to hear about it to......

Just a brief question: Have you ever seen a new version of an Operating System for your computer that worked flawlessly from the first minute? I haven't and the new v. 8 for the Devialets is a similar case. One shouldn't expect too much from a new piece of software even if it was tested extensively.

Sorry, I had to comment this...   Big Grin
No I havent seen a new version that works flawlessly in the begining but on the other side I dont pay that amount of money for a computer and software that my D400 cost.......You could expect more, dont get me wrong I realy like Devialet but it is not so that the master and companion is a new thing in this firmware.

Second system

Got a respond from Devialet today about the problem and they knew about this problem and they would release a new firmware in mid june.

Second system