Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual mono offer
Well, now the offer comes...but my kind HiFi dealer gave me a nice discount when I ordered.
Of course I would appreciate this offer at introduction and as early adopter.

My 400 is at sleep at the moment due to vacation abroad but I though more than one time to bring one of the 200 for nice tunes during holiday Smile

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
A good offer? Check the price of say a full 800, then deduct the 250 price. What do you get? Much the same price as the 15% off deal. So you pay about 15% more for the slave by not buying the full 800 in one hit. Ouch! Maybe for those who bought a 240 just before the 400 arrived as an option, they should keep the £7900 slave offer open for a little while....? Plus, the £ is creeping up versus the Euro.....
(09-Jul-2014, 18:56)Eddye Wrote: I find CD are relatively expensive. Here a new CD costs about €17. A vinyl record is around €25 and often includes a CD or download. CD's are so 2012 Big Grin

Only secondhand CD's are good value for money, at least in my opinion.

Right now I'm partial to vinyl. I like how good vinyl sounds, and I like the big album art.

I mainly listen to classical music and some CD collections are working out at £1-2 each.

I have many hundreds of LPs and I rarely buy any more, a couple a year possibly. Generally CD is better for classical music, I have a couple of LPs I prefer to the CDs but not many.

SQ wise LPs are euphonic and lots of enthusiasts seem to get carried away with them.
The artwork is the best bit of an LP IMO/E!

(09-Jul-2014, 19:37)PhilP Wrote:
(09-Jul-2014, 18:45)f1eng Wrote:
(09-Jul-2014, 18:13)Eddye Wrote: At the moment I'm perfectly happy with my D200. I'd rather spend money on vinyl and hi-res downloads. Still it's a very nice offer!

I am buying hundreds of CDs, they have been astonishing value over the last couple of years!

Have you tried Qobuz yet? I had a demo through a Devialet at my dealers yesterday. The catalogue is pretty comprehensive and the CD quality streaming sounded good to me. I'm just about to sign up for the free trial (have been waiting for my 200 to run-in before I started). I often buy second hand CDs as all I ever do is rip them and put them in a box. If qobuz works out then I will be buying a lot fewer physical discs Smile

I am fed up with streaming. I almost only listen to classical and the software I have tried so far has useless automatic tagging. It takes so long to tag things properly I have given up and only rip pop music now.
So mostly I listen to CDs with the odd LP from time to time.
I was going to try Qobuz but got so far into the process and gave up, I can't remember what put me off though.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(09-Jul-2014, 18:56)Eddye Wrote:
(09-Jul-2014, 18:13)Eddye Wrote: At the moment I'm perfectly happy with my D200. I'd rather spend money on vinyl and hi-res downloads. Still it's a very nice offer!

I am buying hundreds of CDs, they have been astonishing value over the last couple of years!

I find CD are relatively expensive. Here a new CD costs about €17. A vinyl record is around €25 and often includes a CD or download. CD's are so 2012 Big Grin

Only secondhand CD's are good value for money, at least in my opinion.

Right now I'm partial to vinyl. I like how good vinyl sounds, and I like the big album art.

Ah! Good to see another vinyl user on here!
(09-Jul-2014, 19:37)PhilP Wrote:

Have you tried Qobuz yet? I had a demo through a Devialet at my dealers yesterday. The catalogue is pretty comprehensive and the CD quality streaming sounded good to me. I'm just about to sign up for the free trial (have been waiting for my 200 to run-in before I started). I often buy second hand CDs as all I ever do is rip them and put them in a box. If qobuz works out then I will be buying a lot fewer physical discs Smile

I've Qobuz running as a Windows 8 app on a touchscreen (either MS Surface or an HP laptop) - really cool, easy to use and works over AIR. - highly recommended.
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(09-Jul-2014, 20:40)f1eng Wrote: I am fed up with streaming. I almost only listen to classical and the software I have tried so far has useless automatic tagging. It takes so long to tag things properly I have given up and only rip pop music now.
I was going to try Qobuz but got so far into the process and gave up, I can't remember what put me off though.
If you like classical music, you should really give Qobuz a try again.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Well if you don't need ; you can make a friend happy for give 15% discount on a new Devialet Tongue
(16-Jul-2014, 21:26)rtt1 Wrote: Well if you don't need ; you can make a friend happy for give 15% discount on a new Devialet Tongue

The companion devialet has no Remote....
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(10-Jul-2014, 06:18)Eddye Wrote:
(09-Jul-2014, 20:40)f1eng Wrote: I am fed up with streaming. I almost only listen to classical and the software I have tried so far has useless automatic tagging. It takes so long to tag things properly I have given up and only rip pop music now.

I will buy the CD if I like it. At the moment if I am interested in a piece the sample stream on Amazon or the iTunes store tells me whether I like the performance, which is the key buying aspect for me.
What benefit does Qobuz offer over and above this?
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(17-Jul-2014, 18:23)f1eng Wrote:
(10-Jul-2014, 06:18)Eddye Wrote:

I will buy the CD if I like it. At the moment if I am interested in a piece the sample stream on Amazon or the iTunes store tells me whether I like the performance, which is the key buying aspect for me.
What benefit does Qobuz offer over and above this?
I don't know how many CD's you buy a month, but it could be cheaper to subscribe to Qobuz. Also they have a very large classical music database. And you don't have to store the CD's, that could be a plus. I think there is a 1 month trial period, so you can try before you buy Smile
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands