Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
As the title says really - how have your dealings with Devialet Support been?

As a relatively new D200 owner with some issues I've found them absolutely appalling. Shockingly bad really for a high end brand. A kind of 'send a stupid stock reply and then just ignore every subsequent communication' type bad. I'm at the point where if i get my issues fixed I'll probably sell and move on to something else.

I'm not sure if I've just been unlucky or if they've just got too much on their plate to care, but I'm at the point of giving up. The dealer has been helpful but I bought overseas to take advantage of the Euro and perhaps there's a lesson to be learned there - it's not easy to pop in to discuss. But I don't blame the dealer as they are polite, communicative and trying to find a solution. Devialet, apparently, couldn't care less.

What are others experiences?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I contacted them with regards to warranty transfer on a used unit. They replied twice within very reasonable time. Though one response was rather uneducated.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Have had best support by the german distributor

Sent by iPad
I have had relatively good dealings with them, keeping in mind the +6 hour time difference.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Interesting. Perhaps I've been unlucky. Would be keen to hear of anyone having success where they needed something repaired or replaced under warranty.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I've only dealt with them to ask some questions about the 120, and also to ask about a SAM'd speaker list that I could print out. In each case, they replied promptly and were helpful and accurate. So, I'd have to say that the support has been both personal and useful. None of my enquiries were about problems, except some annoyances using Safari to download configurations, and in that case they directed me to Firefox, which works without a problem on the Configurator.

So far, I'm pleased with the support.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I find email support patchy. First off their English isn't that great. They are pretty quick to respond though. Technically it's a bit hit and miss too and they're not good on providing feedback to bug reports - that seems to be a black hole for which it's common not to hear anything again, but I suspect that's more a case of the support people not hearing back from the engineering teams. They're inconsistent too, often giving conflicting information. I get the impression the support people are pretty over-run too which might not help. They do craft individual emails which must be time-consuming as there must be quite a few queries which could just need a simple boilerplate response.
I've had to send my unit back as well, and the courier they use (UPS) refuses to pick up from my street for some reason (it's a narrow cul-de-sac so not easy for trucks to get down) so I had to faff about driving it 40 miles to the dealer. I wish Devialet could've just used a different courier but I guess it would cost them more to go off-account.
Well, I finally got somewhere but after huge effort and having to get pretty firm. I hate being put in that position as it really shouldn't be that hard.

I really haven't been left with a good feeling about the brand, and at this stage all that's been agreed is to take the unit back to Paris for an engineer to 'investigate' to decide whether to send to the factory for repair. No idea how long that process will take.

Ho hum.

The language thing is definitely an issue. After all the emails back and forth and being continually ignored, I got sent a stock message in French, which translated roughly as 'tell us simply were you happy or not with the service you received'. It wasn't a tricky call.....

Btw, what is the issue that needs fixing?
Has everything been tried to find a solution remotely?
I had to send my 200 back to France to have a new board fitted and it came back in 17 days, which I thought wasn't too bad.  Imagine my surprise when I spotted that the cover and the case were mis- aligned, the cover being higher than the case.  I'm still waiting to hear what they're going to do about it and as you can imagine, I'm not impressed with the quality control at the factory, or the response time.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England