Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
(09-Jun-2015, 23:29)Pleyel Wrote: Btw, what is the issue that needs fixing?
Has everything been tried to find a solution remotely?

Noisy transformer.
Popping/clicking/dropouts on USB input.

Not sure what could be done to fix these remotely?

Sadly, getting as far as Devialet agreeing to even look at it based on those faults was about the hardest I've experienced with any manufacturer of a product at similar price.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(10-Jun-2015, 16:49)Axel Wrote: I had to send my 200 back to France to have a new board fitted and it came back in 17 days, which I thought wasn't too bad.  Imagine my surprise when I spotted that the cover and the case were mis- aligned, the cover being higher than the case.  I'm still waiting to hear what they're going to do about it and as you can imagine, I'm not impressed with the quality control at the factory, or the response time.

I feel for you. As posted above, my experience of support has been absolutely awful. Assuming they actually fix/replace the unit, I'm highly likely to sell and move to another brand. i never want to have to go through this again…. Keep us updated on how you get on, and be firm!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

One of my 200 went wrong and I sent it back via my dealer (Oxford Audio) I was lent a spare 200 and it was back within 2 weeks and is fine, so no complaints on either score from me in fact quite the opposite!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(10-Jun-2015, 17:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(10-Jun-2015, 16:49)Axel Wrote: I had to send my 200 back to France to have a new board fitted and it came back in 17 days, which I thought wasn't too bad.  Imagine my surprise when I spotted that the cover and the case were mis- aligned, the cover being higher than the case.  I'm still waiting to hear what they're going to do about it and as you can imagine, I'm not impressed with the quality control at the factory, or the response time.

I feel for you. As posted above, my experience of support has been absolutely awful.  Assuming they actually fix/replace the unit, I'm highly likely to sell and move to another brand.  i never want to have to go through this again….  Keep us updated on how you get on, and be firm!

Hi,

I got this response today: 
Devialet Support (Devialet)
Jun 12, 16:15
Dear Alex,
I was actually for an answer which I got just a bit earlier today.
I had the confirmation that the cover was not switched or damaged in anyway. Our quality engineer is assuming that if there is a default, it was there since the beginning.
Regarding the pictures you did sent, replacing the rear cover will apparently not solve the issue as the amplifier is not presenting a default that could cause this interval.
The two guides are in good shape and could not cause this gap as well.

Best regards,
Roger

As you can imagine, I am f******g fuming. The cover and case of the amp were perfectly aligned when I got the amp.  It was sent to France in its original packaging and came back looking like a piece of s**t.  To say that I'm not a happy camper is an understatement and I have let them know that in no uncertain terms.:

Dear Roger,
The fault was definitely not there when I sent the amp for repair.  I am not happy with your response.  Something has definitely happened to it whilst it was in your (Devialet's) hands. Please do something about it as soon as possible. I will get my dealer to look at it if I do not get a favourable response from you. I think it is disgusting that you should say that it was like this from the beginning. I am extremely angry and I'm not going to let it rest until I have a favourable outcome!

Yours respectfully,

Alex.

And got this by return:
Jun 12, 17:52

Dear Alex,
I am sorry you did understand it this way. I wasn't implying that you did it, I would not dare having such a statement.
I truly understand your feeling. I gave you the answer I had from our Quality team.

I will immediately escalate this situation to one of our leadership member in order to be able to find a solution in this case.
Please be sure I will do my best to solve the issue you are encountering.
Once again, please accept my sincere apologies. I did not meant to make you angry.
Best regards,
Roger
Customer Care

I then replied:
Dear Roger,
I put a steel straight edge from point A to point B and it rocks on point C, which means that it is warped. 

Regards, 

Alex. 
Attachment(s)
Rocker.jpg

And got this:
Jun 12, 17:59
Dear Alex,
Thank you for this picture. I will add it to the case.
Best regards,
Roger
Customer Care

I hate having to get "heavy", I have only just come off the boil, but at least something will now happen.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
That response is an absolute corker! I did chuckle, but forgive me - it was in sympathy…!

It's practically incomprehensible, but "Our quality engineer is assuming that if there is a default, it was there since the beginning" means what exactly? 'You're a liar'!
Whatever it means it's totally unhelpful about resolving it, and I got a similar sentiment when I contacted them with my issues.

It could have happened in transit perhaps - I noticed the internal foam in my box had taken a bit of damage and had split at the cutout corners during shipping - it may not be up to task? Not that that helps you either.

Perhaps they've been too nice in the past, and now the capitalists want their money they've been told to just bounce support requests as hard as possible if it's likely to cost anything? Or perhaps they've just employed a load of less skilled support staff to deal with Phantom and use them across the board? Could be the end of the Devialet support heyday perhaps, as it seems many had good experiences before now.

I finally received my box to send my unit back for repair/replace, but seeing your post makes me fear for what's to come, especially in light of their 'we'll look at it in Paris and make our own minds up about what it needs' stance…. I feel like I'm trying to get a repair/replacement from of a dodgy trader who sell's from the back of a lorry!

'Luxury' goods indeed….

(12-Jun-2015, 17:18)Hifi_swlon Wrote: That response is an absolute corker! I did chuckle, but forgive me - it was in sympathy…!

It's practically incomprehensible, but "Our quality engineer is assuming that if there is a default, it was there since the beginning" means what exactly? 'You're a liar'!
Whatever it means it's totally unhelpful about resolving it, and I got a similar sentiment when I contacted them with my issues.

It could have happened in transit perhaps - I noticed the internal foam in my box had taken a bit of damage and had split at the cutout corners during shipping - it may not be up to task? Not that that helps you either.

Perhaps they've been too nice in the past, and now the capitalists want their money they've been told to just bounce support requests as hard as possible if it's likely to cost anything?  Or perhaps they've just employed a load of less skilled support staff to deal with Phantom and use them across the board?  Could be the end of the Devialet support heyday perhaps, as it seems many had good experiences before now.

I finally received my box to send my unit back for repair/replace, but seeing your post makes me fear for what's to come, especially in light of their 'we'll look at it in Paris and make our own minds up about what it needs' stance….  I feel like I'm trying to get a repair/replacement from of a dodgy trader who sell's from the back of a lorry!

'Luxury' goods indeed….

The annoying thing is that it couldn't possibly have happened in transit.  If someone had stood on it, it would have dished the cover, rather than bowed it.  They are definitely at fault somewhere along the line.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
If you don't mind me asking, what is the problem with your 200?
South Coast England
(13-Jun-2015, 12:07)Axel Wrote: If you don't mind me asking, what is the problem with your 200?

Dont mind at all, in fact I posted above.
-USB input is broken - popping/clicking and signal breakup. (tried two cables and a new cable, and two sources - currently using same source into my Hugo and its perfect as always)
-Unacceptably noisy transformer
-Air popping / clicking (which I know is software but flagged it incase there is also a hardware fault as it happens so often)
-Possibly a SQ issue. I have now compared to two other amplifiers and the treble thinness just doesn't seem right. This may be the 'Devialet sound', but I'm starting to think it might be a fault - anyway, never hurts to check.

It's packed up and heading off tomorrow.
I have to say I'm filled with dread, based on the effort it took to get them to take it back I just assume there's going to be more hassle and it won't get resolved, but let's see - I'll give them a fair crack at it.

I'm prepared for a long delay, so thankfully I still hadn't sold my other amp and Hugo so am back enjoying them. I have to say, I miss the Devialet remote, but not much else in terms of SQ - I'm really enjoying my other setup again, and in fact at the moment I prefer it. The treble seems more 'right' and the whole thing sounds more natural.

But more than that, more than anything else in fact - I'm not distracted by constantly thinking I can hear the onset of pops and crackles, and I can just relax and listen. The music just keeps playing without any hiccups, as you would expect of any decent (non Devialet) hifi! ;-)

But more than that, more than anything else in fact - I'm not distracted by constantly thinking I can hear the onset of pops and crackles, and I can just relax and listen. The music just keeps playing without any hiccups, as you would expect of any decent (non Devialet) hifi! ;-)

Just like my Devialet then ;-)
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(14-Jun-2015, 22:08)NickB Wrote: Just like my Devialet then ;-)

I'm genuinely pleased for you. Sadly, we're not all as lucky…..