Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How have you found Devialet Support?
Update: my D200 went back to France again to have a new cover fitted to match the case. After 3 days I got this:

Dear Alex,
I am getting back to let you know that it is impossible for us to find a back cover that fits your amplifier.
Therefore, we will send you a brand new unit. As you already have the remote, we will only send you the new device.
Please let me know if it is good with you, this way will be able to make the shipment as fast as possible in order for you to enjoy your music at the fastest.
Best regards,
Roger
Customer Care

So I now have a brand new D200. Thank you Devialet.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
This is bizarre! Is it the fit (poor manufacturing tolerances?) or colour match (aging of your unit, colour variations in manufacturing, custom colour)? You'd think a new cover would just slot in and just be perfect.
Still, result!
That's what I love about this forum - no matter how bright the silver lining someone is always searching for the cloud Undecided
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Are they hand-carved by artisans? Surprised they're not using that as a selling point!
(30-Jun-2015, 07:17)Rufus McDufus Wrote: This is bizarre! Is it the fit (poor manufacturing tolerances?) or colour match (aging of your unit, colour variations in manufacturing, custom colour)?  You'd think a new cover would just slot in and just be perfect.
Still, result!

Yes, the fit.  When it came back from having a new board fitted, I noticed that the cover was about 1mm higher than the case. Not much I know but it looked and felt horrible! I had to get a bit stroppy with poor old Roger, but as you say Rufus: Result!

I had no problems getting my emails answered though, 24hours max, sometimes as little as two hours. As Frank rightly said, put your reply above the line.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Just after Firmware V8.0 came out I noticed that SAM was playing funny with my Focal 1008Be's. I only noticed it on one track (London Grammar - If You Wait - 'Hey Now', which became very distorted at a certain point. (Those of you who know this track will recognise the massive bass that kicks in around 1/3rd the way in). I notified Devialet of this and they emailed me back a day later saying that they too had been able to replicate it and that an update would cure it.

Sure enough Firmware V8.1 did just that.

I wasn't really expecting Devialet to get on to it, especially so fast, so I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the customer service. I also think that after reading that a couple of people on here seem to be getting brand new units as replacements is pretty good too.

It has to be considered that Devialet are a relatively new company growing very quickly and with that come some pains. On balance, I think they're doing pretty well.

I should also add that my D200 (hope I'm not tempting fate here…) has performed flawlessly since I got it last year.
That's interesting Infiniteloop. My little Raidhos can't cope with that track either. They give a bit of a death rattle when the bass kicks in. I must try without SAM to compare.
(30-Jun-2015, 19:06)Rufus McDufus Wrote: That's interesting Infiniteloop. My little Raidhos can't cope with that track either. They give a bit of a death rattle when the bass kicks in. I must try without SAM to compare.

It wasn't just the bass, the vocals went with it and sounded more like a Dalek than Hannah Reid's other-worldly gloriousness. - Anyway V8.1 solved it completely.
(30-Jun-2015, 18:11)Infiniteloop Wrote: I only noticed it on one track (London Grammar - If You Wait - 'Hey Now', which became very distorted at a certain point. (Those of you who know this track will recognise the massive bass that kicks in around 1/3rd the way in).

(30-Jun-2015, 19:06)Rufus McDufus Wrote: That's interesting Infiniteloop. My little Raidhos can't cope with that track either. They give a bit of a death rattle when the bass kicks in. I must try without SAM to compare.

I have analysed that track in audacity, the main fundamental is about 39Hz, but the death rattle you talk about is on the track, even though it sounds like it's your speakers and room that have gone into shock, it's an accurate replay.
(01-Jul-2015, 13:17)Soniclife Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 18:11)Infiniteloop Wrote: I only noticed it on one track (London Grammar - If You Wait - 'Hey Now', which became very distorted at a certain point. (Those of you who know this track will recognise the massive bass that kicks in around 1/3rd the way in).

I have analysed that track in audacity, the main fundamental is about 39Hz, but the death rattle you talk about is on the track, even though it sounds like it's your speakers and room that have gone into shock, it's an accurate replay.
For Clarity:

There wasn't a problem with it before the V8.0 update. V8.1 subsequently cured it.