Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet MAX temperature!
What is the maximum temperature of Yours Devialets?

Yesterday I noticed (during very hot day in my city) +54 °C...in A class section of my Devialet.
(10-Jul-2014, 06:38)moreno1973 Wrote: What is the maximum temperature of Yours Devialets?

Yesterday I noticed (during very hot day in my city) +54 °C...in A class section of my Devialet.

My D-Premiers ran at about that temperature after an hour or so. The brief period I had my 800s they seemed to run around 48C on normal inputs but 64C on the straight through (used as the front channels of the TV via a preamp input). I was concerned and assumed it was an additional or related fault, so reported it to Devialet, Thierry said this was normal for the straight through input since that configuration runs the amp at maximum, and is no problem.
The amp was astonishingly hot to touch, certainly enough to burn yourself.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

My 200s were running at around 45 °C last night after about two hours using the phone stage at quite high volume. Ambient temp about 22 °C.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
In passthrough mode (0dB) used when watching a movie my D-Premier would reach 59 deg. C (A-amp) before it's upgrade to 250 specs. Haven't monitored temperatures after it's upgrade though.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
When using pass thru while watching movies my D200 (previously D170) hits 64 degrees. No difference after the upgrade from D170 to D200. I asked Thierry about this in my first week of use and he told me not to worry. Use the amp for nearly a year now and haven't noticed any problems related to the high temperatures.
Devialet D220 Expert Pro; Funk Vector V turntable; Shelter 301 cartridge; Bluesound Vault Gen2 music server; Marantz SR5007; Audiovector R3 Arreté speaker; Polk FX3 surrounds; Atlas Ascent Grun speakercable; Atlas Mavros Ultra RCA>BNC, Atlas EOS Modular 4.0 block, Atlas Superior power cables. Audiovector Freedom Grounding cable
I've seen my Devialet 200 reach 61c at one point whiles using the pass thru for a my surround system. This was also while using the 7.0 Beta software but I've not seen it again.
Mine (400) are usually at 55-60 deg C but many times up to 63-64 when playing a bit louder. D amps are the ones that usually are a bit cooler. I have a deviation between the units when it comes to the D-amp sections. Power supply and pre-amp are about equal in temperature.
Temperatures are up with 5-8 deg C from what I had with the 170.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
This subject is very relevant to me at the moment!
I find around this time of year - i.e summer - that the sound of my system degrades, and often badly, to the point where I think it is broken. It's been the case before I had my Devialet, when I previously had Linn gear. I've been thinking perhaps it's to do with the drier earth and the electrical earth not working so well, but I can measure earth impedance now and it's not showing any degradation. The problem is worse if I leave gear running, perhaps trying to 'run something in' over a period of several days. It always sounds terrible after being on so long even though the indicated temperature on the Devialet is not getting above about 50C, which is low by the standards of what other people are seeing here. What I find is that by turning the gear off for an hour or so, or even better removing the power cord as well, it immediately sounds good again on turn-on.
What seems to be happening is, despite reasonable indicated temperatures, some part of the amp is suffering with excess heat. I have sufficient space around the amp though it is on a fairly enclosed shelf on my Hutter rack. I order some higher Hutter connectors to give more headroom over the amp. I might even try some cheapo heatsinks on the top of the amp! I guess it doesn't seem to get very good airflow, despite windows being open and the house not exactly sweltering.
When I see pictures of twin Devialet units stacked I wonder if excessive temperature could be a big issue with that arrangement?
my wall mounted 250 is about 5° cooler than the second unit that is currently placed horizontally on the floor. Next weekend it will also be mounted vertically to the wall, it should have the same temps as the first unit then.
At the moment I have my 400 stacked (master on top as recommended by Thierry) but can't see any temp differences rather lower on the bottom placed slave.
I will be moving soon and there I will install the units side by side but this is more for the looks than temperature management.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK