Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet MAX temperature!
(27-Jul-2014, 12:15)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Could temperature affect the 200 (and 120?) more than the 250 I wonder? I saw mention on another thread that the 200 & 250 were identical except for thermal management (including case I guess).

Yes...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Since the 7.1.1 firmware update I've not seen the temperature on my D200 go above 41C, and usually the PSU being slightly hotter than the class A amp section too. Anyone else seeing much lower temperatures? I'm interested how they can achieve such a seemingly-massive improvement in thermal management?
(02-Aug-2014, 19:35)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Since the 7.1.1 firmware update I've not seen the temperature on my D200 go above 41C, and usually the PSU being slightly hotter than the class A amp section too. Anyone else seeing much lower temperatures? I'm interested how they can achieve such a seemingly-massive improvement in thermal management?

Since the update the highest I've seen my 800 units go is 42. And that was after a few hours of loud music and my system is currently running 24/7.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
so far 51 is the max. temp for my 800. But currently it's pretty warm in my listening room and I'm using SAM for about 2 weeks. With 7.1 and without SAM 42° was the maximum I have seen. I usually listen with a volume setting between -25 and -15. As soon as the room temp goes down to normal 20° (currently 25 or even more) I guess the temp will always be <50°.
(03-Aug-2014, 11:10)Vivialet Wrote: so far 51 is the max. temp for my 800. But currently it's pretty warm in my listening room and I'm using SAM for about 2 weeks. With 7.1 and without SAM 42° was the maximum I have seen. I usually listen with a volume setting between -25 and -15. As soon as the room temp goes down to normal 20° (currently 25 or even more) I guess the temp will always be <50°.

Hi - do you stack your 250 units?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Mine get hottest when I run the fixed input for TV. Thierry tells me that that is effectively a gain of 0bB, i.e. class A amp flat out, is the worst case situation but no problem at all.
With my horns I run -30 to -40 dB gain, with the boxes -25 to -15 dB. I see high 40s with either.
My amps are stacked but the lower unit usually shows the same or slightly lower temps than the top, which is either a reflection on the tolerance of both the temp sensors and the thermal contact to the heat sink or the effect of the DSP thermal mapping.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

the temperature issue is interesting to understand in vertical standing... it's important what part of it will be on the top and what on the bottom? if the hot goes up can warm and damage other circuits? ( in the apple laptop a vertical standing can damage it because there is not a good temperature dissipation). someone noted something?
Kenzo,

I have my slave on bottom but it is still not as hot as the master on top (1-2 degr less for the slave). D-amp in slave have some 5 degr less.
I haven't had the chance to down load the latest software so it will be interesting to see if my temps can be lowered as I had temps in the range of 55-62 degr during my normal playing sessions.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(03-Aug-2014, 12:17)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi - do you stack your 250 units?

Guillaume

No, both are vertically mounted to a wall. This should give the best cooling as warm air can flow up and cool air can follow from the ground. Theoretically...
I appear to be getting lower temps on my 250 since running 7.1.1, has anyone else noticed similar?