Poll: Roon Labs Music Software: Are you using it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, signed up for a lifetime.
9.68%
12 9.68%
Yes, signed up for a year.
22.58%
28 22.58%
Tried it but I'm waiting to see how it develops before subscribing.
16.94%
21 16.94%
Tried it and won't be signing up.
5.65%
7 5.65%
Haven't tried it
45.16%
56 45.16%
Total 124 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon Labs Music Software: Are you using it?
(20-Sep-2015, 06:10)hk6230 Wrote: For all Roon users, what else do you use (software and/or hardware) to improve the software SQ?

Since using Roon, two upgrades have made a really very big difference, Uptone Regen and TQ Ultra Black speaker cables. So much so, I feel no compelling urge for Roon to add DSP enhancers or other SQ 'improvers', vanilla Roon is sounding excellent, as good as, or better than anything else I have used in the past on other hardware. It's all about striking the balance in hardware that suit's your listening tastes, I guess.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Well, I added Jplay and Fidelizer today. At least a few notches above on improvement. Unfortunately, it is very difficult for me to get the Uptone Regen in my country.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Roon Lifetime!
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Voted for 'year' at the time, but since changed to 'lifetime'.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Tried it, liked the idea of it, but didn't work with my Linn renderer yet (and still doesn't). That has put me off. Didn't support Qobuz back then either, which made it just another Control point of my NAS stored music. If all that changes and I can Control from my iPad and running Roon server on my NAS I might consider life time.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
How to Edit the polls ?. Some who voted for 1 year and now onto Lifetime.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Voted for 'year' at the time, but since changed to 'lifetime'.

Ditto..
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK