Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Gang Of Four "Shrinkwrapped"

[Image: Shrinkwrapped_%28album%29.jpg]

Interesting, thought-provoking post punk. Surprisingly quiet and melodic in places, by the Gang's standards.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
The Orb "U.F.Orb"

[Image: The_Orb-U.F.Orb_(album_cover).jpg]

As Wikipedia says, "the pioneers of ambient house".
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Julie Byrne - Not Even Happiness
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
@ Damon & Ian , thanks for jogging my memory of Japan, I had all of those albums. The track Quiet Life has so many good memories and back in the day I played it constantly
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Fever Ray - Fever Ray

- jump to 'Keep the Streets Empty For Me', if you just wan to listen to one track -
(11-Feb-2017, 12:13)thumb5 Wrote: The Orb "U.F.Orb"

[Image: The_Orb-U.F.Orb_(album_cover).jpg]

As Wikipedia says, "the pioneers of ambient house".
Ummmm, I'm not sure I'd trust Wikipedia on this one, the Orb are pioneers of something else.  Probably pioneers of sounding like the Orb and sampling and processing things to the point where the original sample is gone.  (I'd love to see MQA try to sort out the original D/A conversion errors in this one!)  A great album though, one I dip into from time to time.
Don't listen to it too often though, it will send you mad!  Anyway, inspired by thumb, I'm having a quick play of this now (Majestic), sanity levels already diminishing......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Genesis, Genesis. DSD.

Great record, there's something for everyone here. Certainly a record that marked my early teens profoundly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jean-Michel Jarre. Oxygene Trilogy. 48/24 FLAC.

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Back in the eighties right now: one of the best new wave albums in my opinion was (Lisa) Dalbello - WhomanFourSays
Devialet 200; dedicated music pc based on ATX-board running Linux (Gentoo)-based Daphile software, battery powered SOtM-USB-card; USB-cable by CoreAudioTechnology; Speaker cables Nordost Valkyra; Loudspeakers Raidho C2.1; power cabling Eupen EMC/COM; all items on bfly audio absorber feet

Kent Poon's Audiophile Jazz Prologue III. Great review here: 
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...ii-review/

Has anyone else heard this album? My speakers seem to disappear and I'm drawn into the superbly lifelike soundstage. Why can't Pop, Rock and Alternative be engineered to such a standard??