Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
My favourite Boards of Canada album too!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(10-Jun-2017, 19:17)thumb5 Wrote: Roger Waters "Is This The Life We Really Want?" (Qobuz)

[Image: Roger_Waters_-_Is_This_the_Life_We_Reall...ork%29.jpg]

Seems rather appropriate for the last few days...(maybe I'm being a bit maudlin).
@you should listen to it, It's a great album, believe me, it's so true#
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(11-Jun-2017, 00:32)blair.athol Wrote:
(10-Jun-2017, 19:17)thumb5 Wrote: Roger Waters "Is This The Life We Really Want?" (Qobuz)

Seems rather appropriate for the last few days...(maybe I'm being a bit maudlin).

Not in my opinion but I definitely respect yours : this album sounds like a draft. The kind of songs Waters used to play on an acoustic guitar before going to the studio with the other guys and turn the water into wine. At the beginning The Wall  was nothing but a bunch of songs written in the same tonality and the rest of the band wasn't impressed at all to say the least. Where is the process that allowed Roger Waters to turn basic folk protest songs into beautiful albums such as Amused To Death ?
It seems to me that there is a lack of inspiration in the music that inevitably shifts the focus to the lyrics and it is no good news to me : music should come first. Besides I don't necessarily share all mr Waters political views !
I was eagerly waiting for this album and at the end of the day quite disappointed, but no hard feelings.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
(11-Jun-2017, 09:15)Bruno Wrote:
(11-Jun-2017, 00:32)blair.athol Wrote:

Not in my opinion but I definitely respect yours : this album sounds like a draft. The kind of songs Waters used to play on an acoustic guitar before going to the studio with the other guys and turn the water into wine. At the beginning The Wall  was nothing but a bunch of songs written in the same tonality and the rest of the band wasn't impressed at all to say the least. Where is the process that allowed Roger Waters to turn basic folk protest songs into beautiful albums such as Amused To Death ?
It seems to me that there is a lack of inspiration in the music that inevitably shifts the focus to the lyrics and it is no good news to me : music should come first. Besides I don't necessarily share all mr Waters political views !
I was eagerly waiting for this album and at the end of the day quite disappointed, but no hard feelings.

I tend to agree, Bruno - to me it sounds like a lot of Pink Floyd ideas (particularly from Animals) re-hashed with new lyrics. Fine if you're in the mood, though.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
[Image: a3aef141d62f073bcb9dc9a91c52a6c5.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exellent album, discovering now, rocky bluesy voicy new age!i love his voice , so punchy and joyful !!
BENJAMIN BOOKER -witness-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Police times differently!
Super Bass Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Already older, but still good Shy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Mahler - 3 Ruckert songs, Kathleen Ferrier
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(21-Jun-2017, 21:32)K4680 Wrote: Already older, but still good Shy
Good God, I can remember seeing John Mayall live at the Rendezvous Club in Portsmouth (UK) in 1964 - those were the days Rolleyes.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK