Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Amoretti
German singer Christiane Karg has won particular acclaim in recent years, with one success after another since 2006 debut at the
Salzburg Festival.
In 2009, the periodical Opernwelt voted her Newcomer of the Year in the female singer category, and she received the
"ECHO Classic" Award.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Angus & Julia Stone - "Down the way". Sounds nice on Devialet now up and running.
(11-Aug-2017, 20:12)LKK4680 Wrote: Amoretti
German singer Christiane Karg has won particular acclaim in recent years, with one success after another since 2006 debut at the
Salzburg Festival.
In 2009, the periodical Opernwelt voted her Newcomer of the Year in the female singer category, and she received the
"ECHO Classic" Award.
You should also listen to her latest album Parfum - can be streamed on either Qobuz or Tidal.  I ended up purchasing the download.
Wayne Shorter-Speak No Evil. Tidal FLAC 

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(10-Aug-2017, 16:18)GuillaumeB Wrote: I recently discovered Fennesz. Dense ambient dark electronica soundscapes with amazing textures and melodies interwoven. Start with the album Black Sea:

The track Vacuum is utterly spellbinding and will have you thinking about all kinds of deep stuff. Very intense and beautiful. But the whole album is wonderful. 

Guillaume

His Mahler Remixed album is very cool. Have you heard The Bug and King Midas Sound? They did a recent album with Fennesz you might like.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Cecilia Bartoli,
is an Italian opera singer (Mezzosopran). She is a koloratur-mezzosopran with a dark, rich timbre.

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
For the touch of country in each of us ...

Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Frank Zappa "Guitar"
1988 released contains from live gigs extracted guitars solis Frank Zappas from 1979-84.
But when he picked up his guitar for a solo, "he was completely in communion with his instrument... It just became soul music."

Germany / Bavaria
Steven Wilson "To The Bone" (Qobuz)

[Image: cover.php?id_album=332072]

Excellent so far (about half way through my first listen).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Aug-2017, 21:26)thumb5 Wrote: Steven Wilson "To The Bone" (Qobuz)

[Image: cover.php?id_album=332072]

Excellent so far (about half way through my first listen).

Hi Ian - yes, me too  Wink 

I'm enjoying the music, but what is your opinion of the SQ? I am a little underwhelmed, if I am honest . . .
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3