What album are you listening tonight?
(19-Feb-2018, 20:50)Womaz Wrote: Sam Brooke’s - Kairos

More importantly, how are you listening to it? Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(19-Feb-2018, 20:55)thumb5 Wrote:
(19-Feb-2018, 20:50)Womaz Wrote: Sam Brooke’s - Kairos

More importantly, how are you listening to it? Smile

Melco and Tidal........the Melco really sounds better than Air.
This has surprised me . It’s not so noticeble on this album, but on others it is
Bass much tighter on the Melco , on Air sounds a tad bloated in comparison .
I am not good at describing what I hear but also Melco seems less congested. Like much better separation Also quiter periods in tracks seem much quieter if that makes sense.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(04-Feb-2018, 11:06)thumb5 Wrote: Perfect Beings "Vier" (Qobuz)

A new band for me.  Interesting album, and one I haven't fully got to grips with yet.  The most obvious influence is Yes, but I'm hearing quite a bit of Messiaen too...

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I have to say that after a few more listens this is turning out to be one of the best albums I've heard in a long time.  Highly recommended!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
WARREN HAYNES FT. RAILROAD EARTH : "ASHES & DUST" Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Handel, The Messiah
American Bach Soloists conducted by Jeffrey Thomas
lovely recording, though I wish they had released the simply miked version I heard samples of as a choice rather than only fully mixed version, which has less background noise but less realistic sounding.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(21-Feb-2018, 01:03)thumb5 Wrote:

A new band for me.  Interesting album, and one I haven't fully got to grips with yet.  The most obvious influence is Yes, but I'm hearing quite a bit of Messiaen too...

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I have to say that after a few more listens this is turning out to be one of the best albums I've heard in a long time.  Highly recommended!

YES !
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(22-Feb-2018, 22:49)blair.athol Wrote:
(21-Feb-2018, 01:03)thumb5 Wrote:

YES !

Those were my thoughts when I heard the opening lines!
@thumb5. Great album. Great band. Thanks for posting.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Feb-2018, 20:11)thumb5 Wrote: GoGo Penguin "A Humdrum Star" (Qobuz)

Wow.... captivating, dominating, sly, intriguing; can handle some welly on the volume knob, and also settles in at dinner-table-conversation levels. I've added Gogo Penguin to my favorite artists on Deezer HiFi. Though I admit the album cover makes my eyes go funny.

All of which is to say 'thanks' in a serious way.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(23-Feb-2018, 03:49)Axel Wrote:
(22-Feb-2018, 22:49)blair.athol Wrote:
(21-Feb-2018, 01:03)thumb5 Wrote: Sorry to reply to my own post, but I have to say that after a few more listens this is turning out to be one of the best albums I've heard in a long time.  Highly recommended!

YES !

Those were my thoughts when I heard the opening lines!
@thumb5. Great album. Great band. Thanks for posting.

Have to agree with all of your praise for this album. Had the dreaded Transport In Use with Roon that started last night and didn't get rid of it until this morning so gave a test run using this album. Very pleasant so far and agree with it being Yesish.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
Just acquired a brand new copy Ramsey Lewis, Sun Goddess on Vinyl through my Expert Pro 220, when I get home that is.