Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Puccini Great Arias, a CD of fabulous performances (and uncompressed recordings Smile) from the 60s and 70s by some of my favourite singers.
Decca 421-315-2
I have just re-started it for a 2nd listen!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Basia; Superhits. Via Tidal

My definition is "sophistipop": Basia sang with Matt Bianco for a while in the 80s, then went her own way. Soul, pop, jazz, all mixed together, with a couple of instantly recognisable hits. Great voice and vocal arrangements, probably deserves the hi-res treatment.

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band "Clear Spot"

Traditional Christmas Eve fare...!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
[i]The Shape of a Broken Heart (The Shape of a Broken Heart – 2011)[/i]

Jethro Tull - Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll: Too Young To Die! CD + DVD 

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I am listening to my FM tuner on BBC radio 3, a valve amplifier and my Tune Audio Anima horns. Anacronisic!
Sounds lovely and the colouration is only noticeable on speech.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

[Image: 51OgXn7Y8xL.jpg]
It was the first music I listened to on my Silver Phantoms one year ago, then it was the first I tried two days ago when I inaugurated my 2 Gold. Listening to "Because" a cappella remix/remastered version is really impressive ! The whole album sounds great, despite the presence of some early lowest recordings songs ("I want To Hold Your Hand").

On CD
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
Ludwig van Beethoven-Symphony No.9. Blu-ray audio.

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England

Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
[Image: R-187262-1413477777-9180.jpeg.jpg]
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C