Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Not exactly what album are you listening to tonight, but more accurately what I watched on the telly last night. A David Bowie documentary shown on the BBC, and also available on BBC iPlayer for the next four weeks. This may or may not be your thing, but all I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed it, superb stuff!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08...d=b088ktm6
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
- The Great Unknown by Eric Gillette ( if you're into prog rock...). Young guy, very talented...
Thomas Lang is on the drums, bass and keys are Hakens. Great production, beautiful vocals, and an 18 minutes epic song to remember.

- Zeit by Tangerine Dream : 1972 !
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution

T-Rex Electric Warrior.  16/44.1 CD rip.  It would appear that there are many versions of this album now, but this one happens to be a 2001 'Remastered' version that features a number of 'bonus' tracks.  I tend to find that bonus tracks are little more than a bit of an annoyance, but these tracks are designated as 'work in progress', which pretty much sums up what they are.  However, in this case I really enjoyed the bonus 'work in progress' tracks.  The mix is off and they are very under-produced, but they are a great listen for that very reason.  Much like having a time machine, they give you that 'in the studio' feeling (if there is such a feeling?), they actually sound excellent and give a small insight in how the tracks would have ultimately been put together.  All good fun.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(09-Jan-2017, 13:57)Confused Wrote: Not exactly what album are you listening to tonight, but more accurately what I watched on the telly last night.  A David Bowie documentary shown on the BBC, and also available on BBC iPlayer for the next four weeks.  This may or may not be your thing, but all I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed it, superb stuff!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08...d=b088ktm6

The 'Last Supper' film was released as an add-on to the last five years documentary too. It's only about 16 minutes long but looks interesting (I haven't watched it yet).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2Bqk77jF4

Plus a new video for the song 'No Plan', off the Lazarus soundtrack.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xIgdid8dsC8

The XX - I See You
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Tha Doors, LA Woman, LP I bought in 1971.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Ainsley Dunbar, Blue Whale (1970)
Frank Zappa, The Grand Wazoo (1973)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks to the good people posting on this thread, I've been listening tonight to :
- Sorceress by Opeth : and it's a nice f***g "prog boogie" ! It could be interesting though to read some comments by Steven Wilson about the choices he made for the production pf thos album.

- Morph The Cat by Donald Fagen which had been going unnoticed to me until it was mentioned here : the follow-up to The Nightfly I was waiting for.

Finally a personal pick : We Insist, The Freedom Suite by Max Roach (it's definitely not easy listening music) which is to political consciousness what A Love Supreme by Coltrane is to spirituality.

A 12 year old Yamakazi is on the side next to the dev remote...
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
(19-Jan-2017, 21:51)Bruno Wrote: Thanks to the good people posting on this thread, I've been listening tonight to :
- Sorceress by Opeth : and it's a nice f***g "prog boogie" ! It could be interesting though to read some comments by Steven Wilson about the choices he made for the production pf thos album.

- Morph The Cat by Donald Fagen which had been going unnoticed to me until it was mentioned here : the follow-up to The Nightfly I was waiting for.

Finally a personal pick : We Insist, The Freedom Suite by Max Roach (it's definitely not easy listening music) which is to political consciousness what A Love Supreme by Coltrane is to spirituality.

A 12 year old Yamakazi is on the side next to the dev remote...

Actually, the follow-up to The Nightfly is Kamakiriad, another great album from DF.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Wolfgang Muthspiel "Steinhaus" (Qobuz)

[Image: 170x170bb.jpg]

Guitar-based jazz, bit of blues, quite funky in places.  And power tools. Nice...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK