Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Firmware 8.1 released!
(11-Jun-2015, 17:28)ovo Wrote: You have read the Manual 8.1.0, page 8?

"You need to redo a configuration in order to use SAM with the 8.1.0
firmware. Otherwise the following message will appear : Please Redo Config Old SAM config File"

No I had the opposite problem. I re-wrote the config file and put it on the card alongside the update files prior to update. I tend to do this to avoid having to the extra step of adding a new config file after the firmware update.
It's possible that the unit just tried to reboot (running firmware 8.0) and didn't recognise the 8.1 config file. I might raise a bug report as there could be a logic problem there. I'm good at breaking thing...
The install went well. I haven't had time to listen critically but music is playing. Smile
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
OK, I'm retracting me being happy with Devialet, they f#cked up again and re-introduced a bug previously fixed (back in July 2013!). Angry Angry

The crossover filter settings are not applied when pre-out is on. This means a full range signal is always outputted to the main speakers whether pre-out is on or off. I though the bass sounded a bit fat so I tested with a 20Hz test tone (I do this every firmware upgrade) and the woofers on my mains were moving too much, clear indicator of the issue.

Since there is no workaround I know of I have to go back to 8.0, report this to Devialet and will probably have to wait for 8.1.1... Sad

edit: will try creating a config from scratch first.
edit2: creating a new config from scratch did not help. Reverted back to 8.0: issue confirmed, it works OK again. Reporting this to Devialet now.

edit 3, update 12-6:

Good news for me and of course those others using subwoofers connected to the pre-out output of their Devialets and/or use the crossover settings inside the Devialet.

They got back to me today and Devialet has solved the issue described above by issuing a new firmware package. It has the same version but the IHM file inside is newer and has a date-/timestamp of 12-6-2015 14:13. Anyone can download it from their website using the regular download link.

I've tested it and it works like it should again! Smile

Thank you again Devialet for quickly resolving the issue. I am a happy camper again!! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I'll have a look & listen this weekend. The weather is just too nice to be mucking about with firmwares and configs and such.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
There ya go Antoine... stole my wind. S'worth a shot!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
As it's now possible to switch DPM on or off dynamically I just gave this a quick go while playing music. I have to admit I can't hear any difference when A/B switching. I like the improved thermal regulation when it's on so keeping it that way.
Funky bass issues with SAM been fixed?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(11-Jun-2015, 18:57)Manoet Wrote: There ya go Antoine... stole my wind. S'worth a shot!

I'm afraid I don't understand that expression. What do you mean exactly?

PS: I edited my post above. New config from scratch did not help, reverting back to 8.0 did. Sad
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I'm sure you guys received the same email from Devialet about an hour ago announcing FW 8.1. I had to laugh very hard after reading this statement: "Driven by Devialet’s obsession with excellence, we are happy to share with you today the result of their work."

blablabla bla bla BLA!

They're excellent at creating bugs and and apparently even re-creating old bugs. I'll stop ranting now. Wink

The Netherlands
Impossible to create a configuration with SAM enabled for the B&W 683 S2... (the amplifier keeps on complaining that the SAM version is old) Works with other speaker models. Indeed, the configuration file contains version "2" instead of "21" if I select another model. Extremely frustrating...