Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Firmware 8.1 released!
Updated to 8.1FW with no issue. Now, just listening for differences and/or improvements.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Is there any update on Phono input problems and whether they are addressed in 8.1.0?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I have not installed yet the new firmware but it looks like a big improvement in term of user-friendliness. What I was wondering is about ICM. What if ICM is on (or off) through the remote and off (or on) in the configuration file ? I do not understand how the configuration file settings and the remote settings can work together for the same option with opposite settings ?
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(11-Jun-2015, 20:10)Vivialet Wrote: so far no problems for me. SAM is working, the new menu is nice (exactly what I have proposed here some time ago), the bug with the subwoofer "plop" when switching off the Devialet is fixed and ICM can now be assigned to each input. If I don't find any new bugs I'm happy. At least the sound is good, no big changes at least to 8.0.

I completely agree with you as it works perfectly on my side. The remote control menue is easy to control when applied as written in the new manual. The sound seems to be really good but I will spend more time in the coming days to go through all the different options.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
New menu is great! No problems for me with SAM yet either.

Not sure whether I can notice any difference in the sound yet but I've only had a couple of hours listening!
The new menu is the wright direction but it is too small to read from my listening position. Better would be single screens as for balance/tone for the new menu items.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(11-Jun-2015, 21:38)Dr Tone Wrote:
(11-Jun-2015, 21:31)PhilP Wrote:
(11-Jun-2015, 21:27)EDr Tone Wrote: I've started backing up my config and a copy of the corresponding firmware with it.  That way I can bounce around.  I suggest everyone else do the same.

That's obviously very sensible advice but one challenge is that it's not always possible to predict in advance what specific configs might be required e.g cartridge changes, speaker changes etc Wink

Obviously Devialet's online configurator won't let you do that but at least you can go back to a config that you liked until you are forced forward with a hardware change or major config change.

It would also be much better if Devialet didn't block manual config file edits.

Being as they are pretty basic text files and reasonably clearly laid out, most people could survive (with community help perhaps) for many years simply through editing the files. That way, the unit would be functional for years to come whatever happened. As it is, I sense this firmware/configuration thing could be a real stumbling block in the future.

Yes, the check makes sense in some ways, but in general the only types of users that tamper with such things are advanced users - who would really benefit from being able to edit the files themselves, or even see the arrival of third party desktop editors. Would probably mean more intuitive software with less bugs too.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hello to all,

I have a D-Premier and i am very happy with the new update. I used 7.1.1 for a long time and went directly to 8.0 but it was horrible so i had to go back to 7.1.3 which was quite ok.

But 8.1 sound so much better then all the previous versions. I think the D-Premier benefits a lot of implementing parts from SAM in the new FW. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Windows10 => Jriver => Airport Extreme(5.Gen) => 1000ProCI => Canton Reference 2.2DC
AT
It's hard to tell if I like the SQ as the Devialet crossover to my subs is not working. Speakers and subs are running full range. Perhaps I've made a mistake somewhere in the configurator. I might just go back to 7.3.
Roon Lifetime, HQPlayer with Acourate RC,Devialet 220 Pro,Synology NAS,AcourateNAS, MinimServer,Moon Mind 180 AES/EBU currently w. Canare Cable,W7 PC JRiver 20, AcouratePro, 15' Belkin USB. Linn LP12,Cetech,OL1,Denon 103R,VAF Signature i66 Mk.11,VAF Gravitas SW
(12-Jun-2015, 10:09)soundstorm Wrote: Hello to all,

I have a D-Premier and i am very happy with the new update. I used 7.1.1 for a long time and went directly to 8.0 but it was horrible so i had to go back to 7.1.3 which was quite ok.

I agree, in fact I could have written exactly the same comments as you about the various versions of the FW Smile

The only downside of the latest SQ improvements to the firmware seems to be that the amps are now even more revealing of the quality of the source and recording quality. So I will finally have to sort out my source and perhaps try some 'tweaks'.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)