Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Firmware 8.1 released!
Just downloaded will have a listen soon.
You are quick. I tried getting on their website today but was very slow.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

OK, problem already. Even with a newly-generated config file I get an error when trying to load the new firmware complaining about an old config file. Looks like there may be a mismatch between configurator version and firmware?
I think I've got it. I made the mistake of generating a new config file and putting it on the SD card alongside the firmware update binaries *before* it had updated. I removed the config file from the SD card and just performing the firmware update now, and will then put the config file back on after it's updated.
You have read the Manual 8.1.0, page 8?

"You need to redo a configuration in order to use SAM with the 8.1.0
firmware. Otherwise the following message will appear : Please Redo Config Old SAM config File"
Wow, they've even included a nice 15 page manual with it including release notes (what's changed) and an explanation of the new features like DPM, ICM and MAT.

Quote:Bug fixes on the 8.1.0 Firmware version:
•Fix of potential issue with certain SAM V2 profiles at high level
•Fix of potential phono EQ issue of companion units in some ‘dual-mono’ configurations
•Fix of potential preamplified output issue in variable volume mode configurations
•Fix of potential DPM issue in some configurations
•Tone control now fully compatible with SAM V2
•ICM mode can now be independently turned on/off on each input

With the new functionality 'Advanced Parameters menu' we can also see and change the settings for ICM, DPM and subsonic filter besides the 'old' functions like mute, invert, 2.0/2.1 subwoofer mode. This saves buttons and allows us to change the settings without the configurator, very nice! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I just noticed the new parameter submenu off the tone controls too Antoine - that's a good thing!
In the Configurator it's now also possible to enable/disable ICM separately for each input.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I've been up & running 20 minutes or so and zero issues with install. At first non critical blush SQ is wholly acceptable but I'm about to move to 24/96 for confirmation. Only difference I've found so far is any time you go into balance on remote you now have to do a short press of the power button to return instead of toggling thru balance-bass-treble then out. Of course this is my first time in 8 series firmware so that may be old news to you guys who jumped on 8.0.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I've also upgraded, edited my existing config to reassign the mute button back on my remote. (I don't use SAM so no change required there for me personally).

Zero issues in the upgrade and they have indeed fixed my reported issue with the incorrect pre-out volume at start-up. Also love the 'Advanced parameters' menu. I'm a happy camper (as long as I don't run into new issues Wink). Thank you Devialet! Smile

EDIT: As also posted on page 2 of this topic:

OK, I'm retracting me being happy with Devialet, they f#cked up again and re-introduced a bug previously fixed (back in July 2013!). Angry Angry

The crossover filter settings are not applied when pre-out is on. This means a full range signal is always outputted to the main speakers whether pre-out is on or off. I though the bass sounded a bit fat so I tested with a 20Hz test tone (I do this every firmware upgrade) and the woofers on my mains were moving too much, clear indicator of the issue.

Since there is no workaround I know of I have to go back to 8.0, report this to Devialet and will probably have to wait for 8.1.1... Sad

edit: will try creating a config from scratch first.
edit2: creating a new config from scratch did not help. Reverted back to 8.0: issue confirmed, it works OK again. Reporting this to Devialet now.

The Netherlands