Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor has it...
10% discount is pretty much accepted here in the UK on most high end stuff and sometimes more on high-priced stuff. If there are no discounts when the next Expert range come out (or a little bit after) then they're going to be less competitive. The uniqueness of the product enables them to try this I guess, but I can't see them necessarily owning the high ground with performance/price/style forever.
And I think you'll probably agree you could significantly increase that token cash discount by swapping that 10% cash straight across for some other accessory or component you need/want that totals a higher value than 10% without reaching into your pocket. And so on and so on...
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
if devialet do become like B&O there will be literally NO negotiating on price.

i have a client who wants some B&O at his house because of the look (my god their entire range sounds so bad) and even with 3 or 4 items totaling like 16000 they literally would not drop a single dollar
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(25-Jun-2015, 00:33)Manoet Wrote: Devialet just picked up another $25M investment from an unnamed source in the past day or two but suspicion is high it 'may' be a US benefactor

Unnamed, really?
Press apparently released names, like http://www.forbes.com/sites/aarontilley/...-looks-to/:
Quote:Investors include the CEO of luxury company LVMH, Bernard Arnault, and French tech entrepreneurs Xaviel Niel, Jacques Antoine Granjon and Marc Simoncini.
Pleyel Wrote:
Unnamed, really?
Press apparently released names, like http://www.forbes.com/sites/aarontilley/...-looks-to/:

Ostensibly that seems to be for slightly less funds Devialet received over a month ago rather than the more current amount I mentioned above. Perhaps they're one and the same, perhaps not. Or perhaps another $5M was heaped on top of the earlier amount from an as-yet 'unnamed' investor. Its a rumor, not an FTC audited disclosure document!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(25-Jun-2015, 00:33)Manoet Wrote: Devialet just picked up another $25M investment from an unnamed source in the past day or two but suspicion is high it 'may' be a US benefactor and possibly due to the following info. Part of this windfall is supposedly to be used to preclude choosing even a single existing US dealer or distributor and instead opening 12 US Devialet "company-owned" locations initially in high-end retail locations. My source is iron clad but he can't vouch as strongly for his source tho he feels strongly its substantive information. Intuitively it smacks of Devialet wanting to be a luxury brand and their dogmatic opposition to dealer-discounting which I personally see as self-destructive. Is anyone REALLY so naive to believe Dr's, lawyers, investment bankers, trust-fund babies and the well-heeled/well-to-do et al, really pay full-pop retail for Ferrari's, Lambo's and Rolex's!?! Devialet aint Ferarri or Rolex and the real world isn't Devialet-Dubai!

If memory serves, and specifically related to audio, B&O tried this exact business model over 2 decades ago and it essentially killed them... PERIOD! And hell, they even had speakers & other drop-dead gorgeous, bullet-proof product that worked flawlessly when it was released to market... every time! Today they're a faint shadow of their former self. Their sole remaining audio division has now sold their ICE amp division to try to remain afloat. And this from a corporation that held over 50 audio-related patents dating back to May of 1989. Some corporation's arrogance simply knows no boundaries. See any similarities?

Interesting.. Kevin Harris the national sales manager (I think that's his title)  was with B&O prior to Devialet..And I remember back in the day when B&O was a pretty big player and then they went to these B&O boutique stores which really hurt them in the US..
(25-Jun-2015, 19:58)ErikM Wrote:
(25-Jun-2015, 00:33)Manoet Wrote: Devialet just picked up another $25M investment from an unnamed source in the past day or two but suspicion is high it 'may' be a US benefactor and possibly due to the following info. Part of this windfall is supposedly to be used to preclude choosing even a single existing US dealer or distributor and instead opening 12 US Devialet "company-owned" locations initially in high-end retail locations. My source is iron clad but he can't vouch as strongly for his source tho he feels strongly its substantive information. Intuitively it smacks of Devialet wanting to be a luxury brand and their dogmatic opposition to dealer-discounting which I personally see as self-destructive. Is anyone REALLY so naive to believe Dr's, lawyers, investment bankers, trust-fund babies and the well-heeled/well-to-do et al, really pay full-pop retail for Ferrari's, Lambo's and Rolex's!?! Devialet aint Ferarri or Rolex and the real world isn't Devialet-Dubai!

If memory serves, and specifically related to audio, B&O tried this exact business model over 2 decades ago and it essentially killed them... PERIOD! And hell, they even had speakers & other drop-dead gorgeous, bullet-proof product that worked flawlessly when it was released to market... every time! Today they're a faint shadow of their former self. Their sole remaining audio division has now sold their ICE amp division to try to remain afloat. And this from a corporation that held over 50 audio-related patents dating back to May of 1989. Some corporation's arrogance simply knows no boundaries. See any similarities?

Interesting.. Kevin Harris the national sales manager (I think that's his title)  was with B&O prior to Devialet..And I remember back in the day when B&O was a pretty big player and then they went to these B&O boutique stores which really hurt them in the US..

Kevin's title is Director of Wholesale.

The website still lists 51 dealers in the US.
Thanks Manoet.. I wasn't exactly sure :-)