Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will 'Branch' be available?
Devialet support told me september.
Apart from the locking mechanism, do they actually do anything different to any other stand?
(24-Jul-2015, 20:32)Rodrat2 Wrote: Apart from the locking mechanism, do they actually do anything different to any other stand?

They are designed to provide cooling.  Considering the power of the things, I would have thought that a little additional cooling would be well worth having.  Assuming you are happy with the look of the Branch stands, well worth waiting for I would say.
This does smack of Devialet hype, mine don't get especially hot and unless they have built in refrigeration units I can't see how they will make much difference. Now if they built a stand that cooled the dialogue that would be more useful.
Just received from Devialet this morning:

"We do not have fixed dates for Branch and Remote yet, but they should be available in a few months."

Looks like 'Coming Soon' is not so soon. Sad
(06-Aug-2015, 13:19)nigelb001 Wrote: Just received from Devialet this morning:

"We do not have fixed dates for Branch and Remote yet, but they should be available in a few months."

Looks like 'Coming Soon' is not so soon. Sad

I received this message from Devialet today:
"Branch should be available around September, and the remote in a few more months."
How can you launch a hugely complex Phantom speaker/amplifier/DAC/wifi in December 2014 with the capacity to produce up to 25,000 (?) a year; then be happy that it takes eight months or more to launch a much less complex Branch dedicated speaker stand?

Beyond belief!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I agree it is getting to farce levels.
(10-Aug-2015, 17:51)IanG-UK Wrote: How can you launch a hugely complex Phantom speaker/amplifier/DAC/wifi in December 2014 with the capacity to produce up to 25,000 (?) a year; then be happy that it takes eight months or more to launch a much less complex Branch dedicated speaker stand?

Beyond belief!

I certainly agree too.

I currently have a single Phantom perched on top of a wobbly old Atacama stand that wasn't designed to take the weight. I need the Branch now not in a couple of months. It's not rocket science!!!

I've got my laptop on my coffee table otherwise I have no way to select music and adjust the volume, I need the remote badly.

I use Spark but it's very basic and very flaky that doesn't integrate correctly with iTunes, doesn't pick up album art, messes up the library and has few facilities and no updates since May.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Phantom and all that it does but get the impression that we have all bought pre-production prototypes. For goodness sake Devialet pull your bloody fingers out and provide us with what would make this system perfect. "Available Soon"  is simply not good enough at this stage.
Slightly off topic but my sense is that the major shareholders had set a deadline of the year end for the Phantom/Dialog/Spark launch in their urgency to see Devialet make some real money from a more mass market product.

So Devialet "launched" Phantom.

Punters then have to put up with Phantom without Bluetooth (not that that bothers me); a basic and initially flaky Spark; some concerns about Dialog overheating; and big delivery delays. Now its an eight month wait for Branch; and probably a twelve month delay on Expert/Dialog integration. And at least that long for Remote, I suspect.

Perhaps the big shareholders have also set another new product deadline ... already ...
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England