Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
(12-Feb-2017, 15:45)kerkhoffd Wrote: Are you sure the new software loaded correctly and you reset both units?

Both have 10.07 (done at factory when up graded to pro) and I have turned the units off and on (and pulled the plugs a number of times). At this point I am out of thoughts....just tried again with no luck. Just to be sure - from one named configuration - I first save the master file to the SD - then save the companion to the SD? 
Dan
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
Dan, just to be entirely clear: you are saving just the master config on the SD card for the master, and just the companion config on the SD card for the companion? (Sorry for suggesting you might be doing something else, if you're already familiar with the procedure...)

When the units start up, the master display should show the name of your configuration, and the slave should show "S1 config". Is that what you see?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(12-Feb-2017, 17:52)thumb5 Wrote: Dan, just to be entirely clear: you are saving just the master config on the SD card for the master, and just the companion config on the SD card for the companion?  (Sorry for suggesting you might be doing something else, if you're already familiar with the procedure...)

When the units start up, the master display should show the name of your configuration, and the slave should show "S1 config".  Is that what you see?

That is how I have been saving them. When they fire up the Master and companion show as you indicate. Then the companion goes to the first 'window' of info - not duplicating what the master is showing (-40dbs). I did just try and and flip the units - what has been the Master for several months I made the companion and visa versa (switching the SD cards, the speaker wire, and the USB and Ethernet). It now is playing....I guess I don't care which unit is which although I'll have to physically switch the units so I can see the window on top.....I may let it play a little bit then try and switch them back.

I appreciate everyone's input and suggestions.

Dan
New England
USA
If it works as a dual mono set-up when you use the same config files with the two units swapped, that sounds suspicious: maybe the AES/EBU input of one of them isn't working properly. Might be worth having a chat to Devialet and/or your dealer.
Warwickshire, UK
Or odder still - the ethernet should only work on the master unit not the companion, if you bought these as a pair. 

So now everything is working with RCA to XLR and you have ethernet working as well?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(12-Feb-2017, 20:32)baddog Wrote: Or odder still - the ethernet should only work on the master unit not the companion, if you bought these as a pair. 

So now everything is working with RCA to XLR and you have ethernet working as well?

I did buy them as separate 250s that I upgraded to 250 Pros. So originally I just pick one as the Master and configuraged the other as the companion. Since I got them separately I was using a sprif (mapleshade) cable I had as the connecting cable. Recently the right speaker seemed to be dropping out when I upsampled thru Roon or HQP - so I thought maybe time to change the cable out. Read the reviews of the HD Lab rca/xlr and decided to try it. 

At this point it is working - I'm going play it for a while then change the SD cards and see if it works with the original Master/companion arrangement. IF not then it does point a finger to the xlr input on the (original) companion - since I know the RCA output works on the (original) master.

Appreciate your help,

Dan
New England
USA
Ok that makes sense, you had what were and are two masters. You are using one as companion. In one scenario everything works fine, in the other, when you reverse master/companion it does not.

This is using the RCA/XLR connection. I believe using the RCA/RCA everything works fine in either scenario.

So at end of day, either an issue with the XLR input on one of the devices, or a configuration error.

Good luck, at least you are getting music now!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
After upgrade of my 800D to 1000Pro, I coudn't get a sound from the companion in both rca-xlr or rca-rca.
I needed to send them back to France to flash them again.
Now everything is working fine ( but the previous Master was sent back as the companion...), even my 3.5m long rca-rca Vovox (6.2103) is perfect with 24/192khz files.
With rca-rca connection don't foget to use the mini-jack interconnection cable.
Furniture: USM Acoustic
Audio: Devialet 1000PRO - Mac Mini 2012, I7, Uptone DC conversion/Linear fan controle - Internal SSD - CD/BR LaCie BDXL (rip) - USB Regen - Uptone JS-2 Linear power supply - HD LaCie Thunderbolt
Power: Isotek Aquarius - Vovox power cable
Loudspeakers: Marten Django XL - Vovox Textura LS
Just bought a used 220 pro to upgrade to 440 pro dual mono. Now i need a connection cable. I read the threads and the recomendaion seems to be the audioprana 320€ cable.
Is this the right on?
Câble 75-110/ transformateur "Signature" Full Silver 0.70m (contacts Ag pur cryo/bois précieux) - 12€/10cm sup-

Or would you recommend an other one? Cause this statements are now 4 years old and their was no infinity board and so on.
Thank you for the advice and help!
Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC | Expert 220 Pro | Canton Karat AS500
Canton Karat Reference 2.2 DC | Expert 400
ROON Server | Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F | Mellanox Connect-X 3 40G | Samsung PM1725a 3.2TB
Ultrasone Edition 8 EX | Coord MOJO + POLY

Last I heard, Devialet said that using an RCA-RCA cable was the preferred method. (I thought the Audioprana cable was RCA-XLR but maybe I'm misremembering...)
Warwickshire, UK