Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hiss on Phono
(24-Nov-2016, 17:04)petrik Wrote:
(22-Nov-2016, 23:07)runforfree69 Wrote: Im using a Benz Ebony L into the Devialet 200 phono and the it's too noisy at -15db, at 0db if I close my eyes I can imagine i'm in a rainforest during heavy rainfall.

I'm having Benz Wood SL and I'm having exactly the same problem. Note: this is with my Devialet 1000 Pro. I didn't have similar noise earlier with Le 800. The phono settings are exactly the same. I wonder what is causing this noise.

I checked this noise level with iPhone and it's showing about 63 db at volume level -15. This is when the cartridge is not even touching surface of a record.

I contacted Devialet support on this but they are on the opinion that this is just normal and there is nothing wrong Sad But there was no noise on my Le 800...

I checked this today again and to my surprise the noise was at least 10 db lower than a few months ago! I cannot even hear the noise anymore in my listening spot  Shy  I wonder what is causing this positive change since my vinyl set is exactly the same as before. I have only changed power and speaker cables to the Chord Company Signatures, can those possibly help lowering the noise also when playing vinyl records?
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I doubt cables can have this effect. Devialet must have done something in firmware. The only way to check is to load the firmware you were running back then. If you have not changed firmware it certainly is a mystery!!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB