Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM 2
In response to a long standing query with Devialet re SAM V2, I received an email from Devialet late last week stating that "new profiles should be implemented within next week". Is this just me, or has anyone else received such notifications?
I received a notification for my LS50s a couple of weeks ago.

It works fine now but it is definitely more subtle than SAM1
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(05-Oct-2015, 12:38)Confused Wrote: In response to a long standing query with Devialet re SAM V2, I received an email from Devialet late last week stating that "new profiles should be implemented within next week".   Is this just me, or has anyone else received such notifications?

I believe Rufus has heard something similar...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I've had the same. I have a ticket open for occasional loud 'thumps' with 100% SAM. They generated a new profile last week but it didn't fix the problem. I wonder if they've discovered a problem and are re-generating multiple profiles? I wasn't sure if they were regenerating profiles from the SAM v1 data or literally re-profiling each speaker. I suspect the former.
(05-Oct-2015, 12:38)Confused Wrote: In response to a long standing query with Devialet re SAM V2, I received an email from Devialet late last week stating that "new profiles should be implemented within next week".   Is this just me, or has anyone else received such notifications?

Nothing here. I assume then that this will mean an update to the "configurator". As far as I am aware Devialet are c**p at notifying expert owners when an updated. "configurator " is released  Confused.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Im wondering why Devialet has never SAMMED the Vivid audio Giya G1's..Maybe SAM is of no real use.. speakers go almost full vol to 16hz.. they done the rest of the Vivid range..
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
I suspect it is more a matter of opportunity. Even for a speaker being truly full range, SAM still have the benefits of phase coherence improvement.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I may be a good idea for people using SAM and not having done their config file recently to check out if the SAM2.1 parameters have been changed since they did.

Out of curiosity I downloaded a dp_cfg.txt file from the configurator this afternoon and compared the SAM2.1 parameters for my AperturA Armonia compared to the file generated in August 2015....

Guess what, the parameters were different, meaning that the SAM2.1 profiles had been recalculated as announced recently. I did not receive any notice although my speakers are registered on the Devialet site. I'm not complaining, I'm just giving a heads up to anyone who would be in the same situation.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(10-Oct-2015, 18:05)Jean-Marie Wrote: I may be a good idea for people using SAM and not having done their config file recently to check out if the SAM2.1 parameters have been changed since they did.

Out of curiosity I downloaded a dp_cfg.txt file from the configurator this afternoon and compared the SAM2.1 parameters for my AperturA Armonia compared to the file generated in August 2015....

Guess what, the parameters were different, meaning that the SAM2.1 profiles had been recalculated as announced recently. I did not receive any notice although my speakers are registered on the Devialet site. I'm not complaining, I'm just giving a heads up to anyone who would be in the same situation.

Jean-Marie

Jean-Marie - you must be a mind reader!  This is precisely what I am planning to do tomorrow.  In correspondence with Devialet last Friday they said the SAM profile for my speakers "should be updated in five days", so I was planning to download and manually check if there are any revisions.  Also, I did a configuration update about three weeks ago, this was just to change a minor error in the description of one input.  However, since then I have been convinced it sounds better than ever.  I have kept a copy of my last few configurations on hard drive, so it will be easy to check.  Should be interesting.  It would be nice to have a key to what all the parameters are, but it's not likely Devialet will give that one away.
Having said all that, what is SAM 2.1 !!!!!