Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM 2
(10-Oct-2015, 19:36)Confused Wrote: Having said all that, what is SAM 2.1 !!!!!

If you remember, SAM 2 was released with firmware update 8.0 and had some problems that got fixed by firmware 8.1 and beyond. In the process in order not to have the broken SAM 2 in 8.0 to work with the updated profiles nor the broken profiles of 8.0 to work with 8.1 and beyond, if you look at the dp_cfg file you will see SAM 21, which means SAM 2.1. 

So basically SAM 2.1 is the properly working version of SAM 2. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I have just done a comparison of my profiles from July, September, and downloaded this morning. The SAM parameters appear to be absolutely 100% identical, the only difference between July and now is the addition of this:
"ADH_DELAY_L_A":0,
"ADH_DELAY_L_B":0,
"ADH_DELAY_R_A":0,
"ADH_DELAY_R_B":0,
"DAC_DELAY_L_A":0,
"DAC_DELAY_L_B":0,
"DAC_DELAY_R_A":0,
"DAC_DELAY_R_B":0,

I presume this has noting to do with SAM, so I can only assume that the new profile due "within one week" on the 2nd of October has not been done yet. Another query sent to support. Arrrg!
(11-Oct-2015, 11:41)Confused Wrote: I have just done a comparison of my profiles from July, September, and downloaded this morning.  The SAM parameters appear to be absolutely 100% identical, the only difference between July and now is the addition of this:
   "ADH_DELAY_L_A":0,
   "ADH_DELAY_L_B":0,
   "ADH_DELAY_R_A":0,
   "ADH_DELAY_R_B":0,
   "DAC_DELAY_L_A":0,
   "DAC_DELAY_L_B":0,
   "DAC_DELAY_R_A":0,
   "DAC_DELAY_R_B":0,

I presume this has noting to do with SAM, so I can only assume that the new profile due "within one week" on the 2nd of October has not been done yet.  Another query sent to support.  Arrrg!

Or maybe your profile was already properly upgraded....
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Please keep us updated about the support team response.
As part of some recent correspondence I have had with Devialet, they state the following:

"Our SAM team is still working on improving existing SAM profiles. More informations about it will come in 2016 if a breakthrough is made in this matter."

Does anyone know anymore?
(02-Jan-2016, 14:28)Confused Wrote: As part of some recent correspondence I have had with Devialet, they state the following:

"Our SAM team is still working on improving existing SAM profiles. More informations about it will come in 2016 if a breakthrough is made in this matter."

Does anyone know anymore?

Like the other times, I am still excited what they are stating - improving the existing SAM profiles. But I hope there will be some kind of (paid) hardware upgrade upcoming?
(14-Jul-2015, 08:17)Mcanyelles Wrote:
(14-Jul-2015, 00:15)LBameule Wrote: I was am really disappointed with SAM via my Kef LS50's
I bought a D200 in preference to a similarly priced D Premiere specifically to make use of SAM
in my small room.

At least in my case (D120 and LS50) it seems to be working fine. Had to tweak a bit (in my case, add a bit of Sam to 70 or 75%) but there's definitely something going on, and good, with Sam on.

If other LS50 users could confirm or deny, it would be great!

Thanks, best!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

I use SAM with my 200 and LS50s and SAM does not appear to work at all since the first version 8. (Haven't tried the very latest version as I am away)

It used to work with version 7. The bass control in version 8 DOES have an obvious effect but not SAM.

Mac Mini -> USB -> D200.     Configuration file created on an iMac.
OK, I am revisiting this thread because quite by accident, I have discovered something.....

Over a year ago I wrote this:
'Anyway, this weekend has been the first time that I have been able to do any extensive listening. Yesterday, I found that with many tracks SAM 2 with the Blades sounded utterly dreadful. Now having winged that nobody had responded to this thread, I have noted that this forum's very own Rufus and Guillaume have mentioned over on the 8.1.2 thread that SAM 2 appears to be far more subtle than the original SAM. Well this differs massively from my own experience, where I was running "original" SAM at 100% and now with SAM 2 some music sounds terrible. The issue being extremely over prominent very low bass. And I mean the lowest bass, but stacks and stacks of it. Yesterday I experimented a bit with SAM %, but having been used to being happy at SAM 100%, I was finding some music still sounded quite wrong with SAM reduced to 50%. At this point I got a but grumpy, and sent a fairly long, fairly informative feedback wise, but slightly grumpy query to Devialet asking why SAM 2 was so bad vs SAM 1'

Since then I have been using SAM, usually somewhere between 20% and 40%. Last year when I was first pondering the SAM V2 issues I set up a little playlist, so if I happened to be playing a track that I found to be particularly problematic with SAM V2, I shoved it into the playlist. Last weekend I just wanted to play some random tracks, and for no particular reason selected the playlist of SAM V2 problematic tunes. The thing is, they all seamed to sound quite good. Ummm. What has changed? Well one thing has changed, I was listening via the microRendu & Mutec MC3+USB With a chunk of free time this morning I tried a little experiment, SAM wound back up to 100% I played the tracks again via AIR3 / JRiver WASAPI. I made some notes re the bass for each track, here are some examples of the words used 'horrific', 'Rumble', 'unnatural', you get the idea, all was not good with some of the bass. I then played again via Roon / mR / Mutec. OK, for some tracks there was too much bass, with this material SAM could still do with winding back a bit, but the thing is, everything sounded OK, nothing odd or unnatural, maybe a tad too much bass but it did all sound good. The bass was natural, clear no rumble or overhang, all good. So after all, it looks like SAM V2 with the Blades is working just fine, exactly as it should, only with AIR / WASAPI the source signal was not up to the level of performance that the rest of the system can deliver. A definite bits are not bits moment! I have been singing the praises of the Mutec recently, I guess from subjective listening, but this was a real eye opener!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
@Confused,

Sorry if I was uninformed, but what source do you use for feeding your Dev?

Filip
Audience aR-6 TSS / Melco N1ZH / Audio Research CD5 / D400 / Vivid B1D
Synergistic Research Atmosphere / SR Element C.T.S.
(20-Aug-2016, 14:51)Filips Wrote: @Confused,

Sorry if I was uninformed, but what source do you use for feeding your Dev?

Filip

Windows 10 PC / Roon / microRendu / Mutec MC3+USB, previously Windows 10 PC / AIR 2.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12