Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iconoclast speaker cables
I jokingly want to start this thread off by saying" there is a new sheriff in town" and it is called Iconoclast by Belden.

I have always struggled with the thought that it should be simple to get the music from the source to the Devialet and then my ears. There is a whole industry out there though that thrives on telling us that this isn't the case and we need their software or equipment.

I currently have a dedicated external HD(music) connected to a Mac Mini with an Audioquest USB. The Mac Mini is connected to the Devialet with a Belkin Gold USB cable. Previously, I had Analayis Plus Oval 9 speaker cables connected to my Magico V2's. I thought it sounded pretty good. I was wrong. I have a close friend who was beta testing a new line of speaker cables for Belden, the Iconoclast. He brought them over to connect to my system and I was instantly sold!! The presence of the soundstage was bigger and the detail and clarity of what I heard was mezmoring!

These cables were designed by Galen Gareis for Belden. His thoughts were that he could build better cables at a better price and deliver the music from the source with as little change as possible! He nailed it!!! He spent two years in the design before bringing it to a beta test. 

I had the great fortune to have Galen personally deliver the cables, as he lives in a nearby town. He and a few of my audiophile friends decided to compare the Iconoclast and Analysis Plus cables side by side. We were going to play songs and switch the cables back and forth. We started the first song with the Analysis Plus cables and then played the same song with the Iconoclast. We never went back to the Analysis Plus cables. There really was that much difference!!

These cables are currently available through Hanson Audio in Dayton, Ohio. Their website is www.hansonav.com. I would highly recommend you try these cables as it will not be a waste of your time. I would also recommend you visit www.belden.com to review the data on the cables or call Belden and ask to speak with Galen Gareis.

These cables are game changers!! I don't need to use descriptives of softness, warmth or the music coming out of the black space! They let you hear what is really there!
But it most probably will cost much much more than the Belden. And we don't know the release date.
I do not understand about all the announcements of non existing products and how they should be better than the products one could actually buy!
(07-Jul-2015, 17:24)Music or sound Wrote: I do not understand about all the announcements of non existing products and how they should be better than the products one could actually buy!

I would like to redirect this thread as the cables are currently available as I stated in the initial thread. I am not for sure where you got the impression that they were nonexistent and certainly if you don't take the time to evaluate them, then you will have missed an opportunity to actually hear something totally different. Please don't spread misinformation though.

These cables are currently available through Hanson Audio in Dayton, Ohio. Their website is http://www.hansonav.com

Tech .PPT literature on any of the products can be obtained by calling Belden at 765-983-5687 X5687 and they will be forwarded by email.
I have visited both sites as per your thread, but I couldn't find this so called USB cable.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(08-Jul-2015, 04:27)hk6230 Wrote: I have visited both sites as per your thread, but I couldn't find this so called USB cable.

The Iconoclast are speaker cables, not a USB cable. The original thread discussed using them to connect my Devialet to Magico V2s' with them. This is the name of the thread...Iconoclast speaker cables.
(08-Jul-2015, 10:23)drdkey Wrote:
(08-Jul-2015, 04:27)hk6230 Wrote: I have visited both sites as per your thread, but I couldn't find this so called USB cable.

The Iconoclast are speaker cables, not a USB cable. The original thread discussed using them to connect my Devialet to Magico V2s' with them. This is the name of the thread...Iconoclast speaker cables.

Due to the comments about availability, I went to the Hanson website and to my surprise could not find them listed under Belden or Iconoclast. I have emailed the owner of Hanson Audio this morning to alert him to this issue. I expect that Hanson Audio will have this information available on their website very shortly. 

In the interim. please go to their website http://www.hansonav.com and click on contact us. Fill out the information request segment and under subject please put in Belden Iconoclast speaker cable.
(08-Jul-2015, 10:42)drdkey Wrote:

Due to the comments about availability, I went to the Hanson website and to my surprise could not find them listed under Belden or Iconoclast. I have emailed the owner of Hanson Audio this morning to alert him to this issue. I expect that Hanson Audio will have this information available on their website very shortly. 

In the interim. please go to their website http://www.hansonav.com and click on contact us. Fill out the information request segment and under subject please put in Belden Iconoclast speaker cable.
They are in fact available from Hanson. I have a pair, as well as interconnects. I am not sure why they are not listed on their website yet but they are currently only available through Hanson AV. Although not "cheap," these cables represent a huge bang for buck and were designed by one of Belden's principal engineers who is also an audiophile. They are his brainchild and he had to do a lot of convincing at Belden to get them in production because, you know, we audiophools are nuts... Dodgy

Well, yes, I mistyped. But, you do realized it was not listed in their websites.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(08-Jul-2015, 11:15)hk6230 Wrote:

Well, yes, I mistyped. But, you do realized it was not listed in their websites.
I actually assumed that the information was on their website...and you know what they say about assuming! I did not know that they were not listed on the Hanson website until this morning. Irregardless, I stand by my original recommendation for this awesome product and I hope that you get an opportunity to hear them.