Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Cables for Devialet
(17-Jul-2016, 18:02)ralph411 Wrote: Currently using Audioquest Diamond for digital sources with excellent results.  Using a 12 foot Blue Jeans cable from the master to the companion of D400 with excellent results. Also tried upper level Audioquest to the companion with no detectable difference, other than price.  Was not particularly impressed with the OEM Crystal Cable, which also was not long enough for my final placement.

Interesting! Are you using a 0.75m Audioquest Diamond coax cable? And have you tried playing 24/192 content? Thanks
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Samurai I have used Morrow cables and find them of high quality and reasonably priced. They have a large range of price/quality available. They're made to order in the US. You might contact Mike Morrow the owner and see what you think. I have no connection with the company other than being a satisfied customer.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
Has any one tried Cabledyne's VIRTUOSO digital cable (custom made for Devialet with Furutech RCA on Master & Furutech XLR for Companion) ?  I believe the cost for this is $350 for 1.0m length
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
A repeat of my reply post over on Your Systems. 24/192 plays fine on my system. I have 2 albums in 24/192, Stealy Dan - Gaucho and Cat Stevens - Tea for the Tillerman in AIFF format. The Aurender app shows file info as 24/192 and the LCD display on the Aurender shows 24/192 playing. Surely it wouldn't matter what file format is playing, AIFF or FLAC or WAV. i received the AQ Diamond coax, 0.75m RCA to RCA in April 2016, the DBS batteries are in and green indicator glows bright when test button is pressed. Could AQ have addressed the issue in recent manufactured cables?
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Anyone experimented with using the AudioQuest Diamond 110 Ohm instead of 75 Ohm (coax -> AES/EBU) from master to companion on a 400?
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
I don't have the AudioQuest Diamond, but have done the experiment with their older cables of equivalent level between my D400 master & companion. An AudioQuest Raven 110 Ohm sounds a bit better than the AudioQuest Eagle Eye 75 Ohm. These cables are the same as a Diamond except for fewer layers of shielding and cosmetically different connectors, so should have similar results.
Thanks Deviousalet! I am on the verge of ordering a custom Digital cable (coax -> AES/EBU) and was just a little anxious the 110 Ohm version would not work. I know the 75 Ohm version works because my brother owns one, but rather buy the 110 Ohm if that works too.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
Just spotted your Signature Deviousalet. Bit off topic: Any reason and benefit you are using a trigger cable with your D400?

The Netherlands
(05-Dec-2016, 20:53)kerkhoffd Wrote: Just spotted your Signature Deviousalet. Bit off topic: Any reason and benefit you are using a trigger cable with your D400?

Using the trigger cable lowers the temperature and energy consumption.
Unfortunately it only works with the RCA/RCA master/slave link not the RCA/XLR.
See http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2860 for more.
(07-Jul-2015, 12:32)samurai7595 Wrote: I'm currently shopping around for high-quality digital cables for my Devialet D200.  I need an AES/EBU digital cable (XLR) for my Bryston BDP-2 digital player and a SPDIF digital cable (RCA) for my Bryston BCD-1 CD player.

I have my eye on the Crystal Cable CrystalDigit Standard digital cables but was wondering what others are using with their Devialet setup.

http://www.tonepublications.com/blog/custom-cardas/

I suspect there's quite a few manufacturers will make up whatever your heart desires.
1Gb Fiber/Comcast WiFi6 router with Linear Power Supply- Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Intel NUC817BEH with linear power supply and silver cabling - Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Etherregen - Wireworld Platinum 8 Ethernet - Goal Zero Yeti 1400 lithium power generator - Devialet D400 with Synergistic Research Galileo UEF power cables on self-designed three-stage isolation stand - Stealth Audio Sextet V14 digital RCA - Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Euphoria speaker cables - Magico S5 - Pair JL Audio Fathom F112 and Stealth Audio M7000 Power Cables, Synergistic Research Sub cable - 7mx9m room, treated with acoustic panels, Synergistic Research HFT on speakers and walls (stage3), Synergistic Research Black Box,  All cables on wooden block risers

Yes - everything matters!