Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Cables for Devialet
Ok, gotcha! Yes, the F'tech CF-series interconnect and FI-series power terminations are for my money, the best in the world at any price! If the Devialet CC interconnect doesn't look similar to the CC line then I'm convinced they're running an OEM-specific cable for Devialet that isn't available elsewhere... proprietary to Devialet. ALL Crystal Cables have looked like the cables on the F'tech OEM site since I started using them in early 2008, ie: power, digital, analog and balanced. Tho admittedly I have put some of my smaller diameter, longer length CC's into synthetic rubber hose with TechFlex sleeves to better adapt FI & CF F'tech terminations and keep 'bending' from occurring in longer cable runs.

Can anyone direct me to a pic of the CC interconnect Devialet uses between driver/slave?
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Wanted to buy a digital link cable for my D400, so got the AudioQuest Diamond digital cable 0.75m. Disappointed as it stops working at 24/192. The only way to fix this issue is to remove the DBS batteries and then the cable functions properly. I have been told by my retailer that this is not a fault with the cable but rather an incompatibility with Devialet. Going to raise a ticket with Devialet and see what their response is.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Contact AudioQuest on that issue is what I would do. There seems to be a known issue in that cable and my experience is that AudioQuest solves this nicely. Very customer friendly company.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
I did contact the company. But the response has been a bit confusing. One of the senior guys working in AudioQuest for 21 years told me that this is the first time he has heard of this. Although the retailer I purchased the cable from has informed me the opposite. According to the retailer it's a known issue but they can't fix it in the Diamond and are working on a new line of cables to be released. The best alternative he suggested was to get the cable re-terminated and have the DBS unit removed.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
(05-Jul-2016, 12:37)helloworld1978 Wrote: I did contact the company. But the response has been a bit confusing. One of the senior guys working in AudioQuest for 21 years told me that this is the first time he has heard of this. Although the retailer I purchased the cable from has informed me the opposite. According to the retailer it's a known issue but they can't fix it in the Diamond and are working on a new line of cables to be released. The best alternative he suggested was to get the cable re-terminated and have the DBS unit removed.

Maybe your dealer can borrow you another Diamond and see if this cable has the same problem? As i'm using Diamond cables as well and don't experience the problems you have, the problem isn't universal with all Diamonds. I do have non standard -custom terminated- ones though (1 BNC -> RCA; 1 RCA -> AES).
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

So it seems that RCA-AES termination works with Devialet when it comes to AudioQuest diamond digital coax. But that is not to say that RCA-RCA termination works. Now I personally think the fault is not with the cable, but rather more a compatibility issue with Devialet. I have yet to hear from the silent majority who are using a RCA-RCA Diamond as a digital link on D400 without issue.
(05-Jul-2016, 15:25)helloworld1978 Wrote: So it seems that RCA-AES termination works with Devialet when it comes to AudioQuest diamond digital coax. But that is not to say that RCA-RCA termination works. Now I personally think the fault is not with the cable, but rather more a compatibility issue with Devialet. I have yet to hear from the silent majority who are using a RCA-RCA Diamond as a digital link on D400 without issue.

There is that possibility that RCA-RCA termination is the problem. What about my earlier recommendation to borrow another example from your dealer? or did you order it online?
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

So I can confirm that AudioQuest is aware of the problem and is working to fix the issue. I got the impression that the solution might be just around the corner. If anyone else is having an issue please contact AudioQuest and they will replace or fix the cable when everything has been worked out. The issue has something to do with magnetic interference, and if you remove the batteries from DBS pack everything works fine. I am really impressed at how AudioQuest has responded to this issue. Not many companies would respond in the similar manner. They are directly working with Devialet on this. Kudos to AudioQuest.
Excellent news, glad you found a solution!

The Netherlands

Currently using Audioquest Diamond for digital sources with excellent results.  Using a 12 foot Blue Jeans cable from the master to the companion of D400 with excellent results. Also tried upper level Audioquest to the companion with no detectable difference, other than price.  Was not particularly impressed with the OEM Crystal Cable, which also was not long enough for my final placement.
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.