Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bi-directional USB problem
(30-Sep-2015, 07:02)Mike Turner Wrote: Hi Chris L
Now that you can record vinyl perhaps you could help me with a problem. How do you control the volume when making a recording? with the D-Premier there was a choice of "variable or fixed" volume, variable meant that the volume was controlled with the handset volume control. At the moment I do not have that choice and the fixed volume means that the recording is "clipping"???? can you help? Mike.

I've only had the unit back for a week or two - and have been away for a few days since, so I haven't had a chance to play with the recording yet. I'll take a look and let you know if I have the same issue.  
This could be something that it's worth contacting Deviate support about .... they may have a quick answer for you. In the guidance doc for this feature they advise logging a request for more information here:  https://help.devialet.com/anonymous_requests/new
(30-Sep-2015, 08:33)Hi Chris LI have now had an answer from Devialet and it reveals (for me anyway) another innovation that I had no idea existed. What you have to do now is, on the configurateur, either the middle or right hand button of the handset select RAM/subsonic, this enables you to use the screen on the amp to select the appropriate settings for the cartridge (which allows you to check immediately the effect of any changes you make), also, when recording  the volume control is no longer operational so that you can either listen as you record or turn sound down to silent, fantastic.regards Mike. Wrote:
(30-Sep-2015, 07:02)Mike Turner Wrote: Hi Chris L
Now that you can record vinyl perhaps you could help me with a problem. How do you control the volume when making a recording? with the D-Premier there was a choice of "variable or fixed" volume, variable meant that the volume was controlled with the handset volume control. At the moment I do not have that choice and the fixed volume means that the recording is "clipping"???? can you help? Mike.

I've only had the unit back for a week or two - and have been away for a few days since, so I haven't had a chance to play with the recording yet. I'll take a look and let you know if I have the same issue.  
This could be something that it's worth contacting Deviate support about .... they may have a quick answer for you. In the guidance doc for this feature they advise logging a request for more information here:  https://help.devialet.com/anonymous_requests/new