Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
2x silver phantoms. Audible hiss when playing a silent mp3 through spark from http://www.xamuel.com/blank-mp3s/ at volumes > 75. Hiss also present when playing the optical input source, even when no optical cable is plugged in.
(20-Jul-2015, 12:07)zootreeves Wrote: 2x silver phantoms. Audible hiss when playing a silent mp3 through spark from http://www.xamuel.com/blank-mp3s/ at volumes > 75. Hiss also present when playing the optical input source, even when no optical cable is plugged in.

Only at volume 75 and above?

what's the size of the room?

Distance from Phantoms when you notice this?

Thanks.
White Phantom + Dialog. No hiss.
I stream from Tidal through Spark
No issues with hissing using Phantom Silver/Dialog.
Pair of silver Phantoms + dialogue and having noticed the background hiss.
Bought them 5-6 weeks ago and got the problem from the start.
I stream with Tidal Hifi + optical from TV, both have the same issue.
Good news! A brand new pair of Silver Phantoms are stuck in customs here in Norway. Devialet has confirmed that the speakers I returned had a hardware fault, so if you are severely affected by hissing you could probably return the speakers and get new ones.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
No hissing so far (listening for about 2 weeks)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(21-Aug-2015, 17:11)jvi Wrote: No hissing so far (listening for about 2 weeks)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Not even when you put your ear to the front driver? I mean, close to it , not really touching it.
(21-Aug-2015, 15:27)ragwo Wrote: Good news! A brand new pair of Silver Phantoms are stuck in customs here in Norway. Devialet has confirmed that the speakers I returned had a hardware fault, so if you are severely affected by hissing you could probably return the speakers and get new ones.

That's really good news indeed! I still have a lot of hissing coming from my speakers. Strange thing is they advised me to wait for the next FW update in which they supposedly reduce the hissing. The wait has been really long so far.... I'm contact them again right now about this. I now have confirmation it can indeed be a hardware problem, which changes things.
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
I noticed a hiss on the one occasion that I turned mine up to 100 without any signal input. Not at my normal listening volumes (45 max).
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.