Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal Offline To Devialet?
The Devialet app plays selected iOS "My Music" files to WiFi (as long as one doesn't leave the app, ugh). Tidal Offline Content can be played off iOS devices, but I can't find a way to get it out to WiFi. Short of an upgrade to the Devialet app, I don't think it's possible. Am I missing anything?

Too bad the Devialet app doesn't work more like Devialet AIR for computers, and just pipe _all_ device sound out to WiFi (obviously to bypass the iOS internal DAC and amp).

Tidal only offers Offline Content on iOS and Android devices, not in their apps for computers. Catch 22.
Hi, good to see someone focusing on similar to what I am struggeling with. Thank you!! I have my Phantom at the cabin and my broadband, 4K through a wifi router, is limited on data volume and additional data is expensive. I have not found a way to access Tidal offline content through Spark on Tidal for PC or mobile (Android). Offline is surely a function in the Tidal Android app. Bluetooth to stream directly will not, to my understanding, be activated until next firmware release. Am I missing something obvious?
Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 - Devialet Phantom
Here at home I can stream my offline content (44.1/16 flac's) of the Qobuz app on my iPad via Airplay to my HTPC with an Airplay receiving app on the HTPC running in the background. The HTPC can play via USB to my Dev (or via Air, if I want it do so; luckily I don't have the notorious white noise via Air).

There is also a Qobuz app on my HTPC. The Qobuz app on my HTPC also has possibilities for streaming offline content, if I want. The latter solution does sound a bit better than the one via Airplay.

ChM
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
@Rusken, Devialet support wrote: "At the moment Spark does not detect your offline music of online services. In the mean time what you can do is create a playlist with your offline content and Spark will recognise it." I can't speak to that since I'm an Expert owner. Our Devialet app streams iOS "My Music," so I asked when will the Devialet app stream Tidal Offline Content. Stay tuned.
@Charlemagne, I thought about Airplay but you jogged me to do more research thanks. Tidal indicates their app can feed Airplay!

The most-generic solution would be for Devialet to support Airplay (since products have WiFi). Meanwhile, I could get an AppleTV and feed optical out to Devialet. Airplay supposedly good to 16/44.1K. Anyone tried this?
Tried it. That's what I'm doing, having an Apple TV connected to my D200, and using my iPad to stream offline Tidal Hifi music/playlist via AirPlay to D200.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Here's the meat of Devialet support's reply: "It is not possible for the Expert range at the moment to play offline Tidal music from the mobile app. It will be next year, when Dialog (our tool including the Tidal software) will be compatible with the Expert line."