Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Recommended Phantom Demo Tracks?
New Phantom Elevate Duo owner, so sorry to resurrect what many may feel is a dead horse, but I wanted to add my own bass torture (litmus) test track. I have never heard ANYTHING pass this, but some manage to fail more gracefully than others. My Elevates made a dramatic effort, but in the end failed equally dramatically (in fact alarmed me that they might have self destructed!). I wonder if the added heft of the Gold’s could handle it better. Would any Gold owners care to report back?

Roger Waters -
“Three Wishes” from Amused to Death (2015)... at 2:00 the Genie’s voice with the insurmountable hurdle coming at about 2:14...

(Note that this album is recorded at a lower level than most, so you’ll need 10 points or so above your typical setting).
Skott - Porcelain
DubXanne

"Police in Dub"
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Most anything Peter Gabriel, particularly off New Blood album...Red Rain, In Your Eyes, Mercy Street, Solsbury Hill...
Hadouk Trio, Utopies, deluxe edition, tracks: Alma Cesta, live from satellite café and Barca Solaris, live from satellite café
I recommend these two live tracks.
The music scene really opens up when the volume reaches 58-60 Rolleyes

Hadouk Quartet, Haddoukly yours, best tracks: Chappak, Bora Bello Pt 1, Shadow Maker,  Suite Cabaline, pt 2

All available on Spotify, high quality streaming.
A different kind of jazz music, using african instruments, such as the Hadouk.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(26-Dec-2017, 19:27)snbeall Wrote: New Phantom Elevate Duo owner, so sorry to resurrect what many may feel is a dead horse, but I wanted to add my own bass torture (litmus) test track. I have never heard ANYTHING pass this, but some manage to fail more gracefully than others. My Elevates made a dramatic effort, but in the end failed equally dramatically (in fact alarmed me that they might have self destructed!). I wonder if the added heft of the Gold’s could handle it better. Would any Gold owners care to report back?

Roger Waters -
“Three Wishes” from Amused to Death (2015)... at 2:00 the Genie’s voice with the insurmountable hurdle coming at about 2:14...

(Note that this album is recorded at a lower level than most, so you’ll need 10 points or so above your typical setting).

I do not experience any problem playing this track with a pair of Golds at volume 65. Indeed the woofers experience high excursions but all is under control. Very intense bass and extremely out of phase. A lot of low frequency resonances in this groovy voice room effect. I used a 24bit/96kHz recording purchased at Qobuz. Great SQ!
TOWER OF SILENCE
Joe Zawinul
There is actually a Phantom spotify playlist... the Devialet Phantom Livingroom Destroyer...

https://open.spotify.com/user/gravityhif...3fQf97PRWg

This is also a good one; audiophile hifi test list

https://open.spotify.com/user/1117339922...X2scEXsBkg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(10-Jan-2018, 20:19)BigMc Wrote: There is actually a Phantom spotify playlist... the Devialet Phantom Livingroom Destroyer...

https://open.spotify.com/user/gravityhif...3fQf97PRWg

This is also a good one; audiophile hifi test list

https://open.spotify.com/user/1117339922...X2scEXsBkg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Hey that's my Phantom Living Room Destroyer playlist! Thanks for sharing. Working on a non Spotify FLAC version as the 320K MP3s are a bit of a joke....( Spotify calling them 'Extreme Quality' is just ridiculous) I'm updating it weekly.

Thanks too for the link to the Audiophile Hifi Test playlist....but MP3's again so pretty useless.... 

Anyone aware of much higher quality system test playlists?
Thanks 
Dan
You should totally try Gesaffelstein - Destinations at a maximum volume to feel the bass experience !