Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New firmware 8.1.3
Hey chaps

Happy to report that the new 8.1.3 firmware is EXCELLENT.  Cool

Everything I loved about 7.1.3 is back. SAM is working properly (even if I disable the companion sources) so they must have fixed that bug.

Everything seems perfectly balanced again... and it's musical! Hurrah!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi Guillaume,
are you talking about the beta ? There is nothing new to download...
So if the beta is excellent I hope they do not change it again for the final release...
Nothing on the web site??
Can you use the old config from 8.1.2 or do you need to make new config files for the 8.1.3?

When is Devialet going to release 8.1.3?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(21-Jul-2015, 18:41)Vivialet Wrote: Hi Guillaume,
are you talking about the beta ? There is nothing new to download...
So if the beta is excellent I hope they do not change it again for the final release...

I have the final version. I expect it will be on general release very soon.

Overall very pleased with what I am hearing.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Great news ! Thanks for the update, looking forward to download this update Wink
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(21-Jul-2015, 18:27)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hey chaps

Happy to report that the new 8.1.3 firmware is EXCELLENT.  Cool

Everything I loved about 7.1.3 is back. SAM is working properly (even if I disable the companion sources) so they must have fixed that bug.

Everything seems perfectly balanced again... and it's musical! Hurrah!

Guillaume

Oh no for me but congrats to you G! I am happy to hear this and sad as I am still 3 weeks from coming back to the system....

Cheers/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Hi Guillaume,

So if I get this right, the magic of 7.1.3 PLUS better SAM? If that's the case, I will install it and never look back  Smile
I've only just installed 8.1.2 and love SAM 2 but it is lacking a bit of the relaxedness I found with 7.1.3
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Good news, as I also prefer 7.1.3 to 8.1.2.
Devailet 200, Lumin A1, Magico S5, Kimber ks6063, Rockport Capella, Benz Micro Ruby, Kimber ks1026
Like I said in another post, 7.1.3 plus SAM 2 means I'll never leave the house!  Big Grin
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada