Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the trigger input in home theatre setups
(26-Jul-2015, 16:23)Jgw911 Wrote: Big Grin

Yes that is one of the downsides of the Devialet - it encourages too much a**e in chair listening to wonderful music  Wink

Tell me about it  Rolleyes.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(26-Jul-2015, 11:36)brit Wrote:
(26-Jul-2015, 11:23)Jgw911 Wrote: Ok, got off my backside to check the back of the Yamaha (was previously reading the manual because checking the back of the Yamaha means pulling it out of the rack). Was actually a 3.5 mm socket as well not an RCA after all (the manual really wasn't clear on that). Went for a rummage in my cables box and found a stereo 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm. Then used the Configurator to switch on the trigger input on the Dev. Connected everything up and.....

It works!!!! The Dev comes on when the AVR is switched on AND the Dev switches off when the AVR is switched off - result!!

I've configured the Dev to set to AV bypass as the default startup option so that's job done I think. The one weakness of not having an IR remote sensor is a weakness no more.

That's a good Sunday's work methinks. Time for a cuppa and a few biccies (and maybe a movie).

Great job - sometimes all it takes is that simple operation of removing a..e from chair Big Grin 

Enjoy the tea and "biccies", you have deserved them Smile.

David

Hi,

I'm very keen to get myself a D200 but like you will need it to integrate into a home cinema set up so having seen your post and knowing now that it works I wondered how it sounded?

As is so often referenced "the all important front soundstage", how was it mixing two types of amplification across the 3 speakers as I presume the AV amp was taking care of the centre speaker and surrounds?

Thanks,

Slimmo.
(28-Jul-2015, 17:12)Slimmo Wrote: Hi,

I'm very keen to get myself a D200 but like you will need it to integrate into a home cinema set up so having seen your post and knowing now that it works I wondered how it sounded?

As is so often referenced "the all important front soundstage", how was it mixing two types of amplification across the 3 speakers as I presume the AV amp was taking care of the centre speaker and surrounds?

Thanks,

Slimmo.

Hi Slimmo

It sounds great to me! I have actually been using the approach of front two channels through a hifi amp and centre plus surrounds through an AVR for many years using various hifi amps as I've upgraded. I wasn't expecting that much improvement moving from a Naim 202/200 in this context but actually even with movie sounds the Dev sounds better - just more detail and a 'cleaner signal'. I'm sure that surround sound purists would baulk at the idea of such different amps running different channels but I can't say I've ever noticed any lack of integration in the overall 'sound field'. I could never justify buying two more D200s to cover the other channels anyway! If I ever buy another D200 it will be to create a D400 for hifi purposes. Big Grin

Jonathan
Devialet D200, Linn Majik DS, Pro-Ject X-Pack turntable, PMC Fact 8 speakers,
Creek headphone amp, Sennheiser HD700, Monitor Audio sub.
(28-Jul-2015, 19:49)Jgw911 Wrote:
(28-Jul-2015, 17:12)Slimmo Wrote: Hi,

Thanks,

Slimmo.

Hi Slimmo

It sounds great to me! I have actually been using the approach of front two channels through a hifi amp and centre plus surrounds through an AVR for many years using various hifi amps as I've upgraded. I wasn't expecting that much improvement moving from a Naim 202/200 in this context but actually even with movie sounds the Dev sounds better - just more detail and a 'cleaner signal'. I'm sure that surround sound purists would baulk at the idea of such different amps running different channels but I can't say I've ever noticed any lack of integration in the overall 'sound field'. I could never justify buying two more D200s to cover the other channels anyway! If I ever buy another D200 it will be to create a D400 for hifi purposes.  Big Grin

Jonathan

Thanks for your reply. Somewhat off the original topic but can I ask what was it that persuaded you away from  Naim to Devialet?

In fact back on topic.....did you set the levels for the D200 via the AV amp as I presume it just becomes an extension of that amp?

Going to take a D200 for a spin on Monday so should be in a better position to make an informed decision then but always good to hear how others are getting on.
Hi Slimmo

Sorry been away.

On the settings, I set the AV bypass on the D200 to 0db and then let the auto calibration on the Yamaha AVR do its thing, simple as that really.

Why the move from Naim? Well I was on a 202/200 with all the power supplies plus a separate headphone amp plus phono amp so cutting all that down to one box was very appealing. I was also looking for a sound quality upgrade and the next step up from the 202/200 starts to get quite expensive in the Naim range. Also I was getting quite fed up of the buzzing transformers (suffered quite badly with that in my house). Heard a D200 with some Wilson Sasha 2s and I was amazed that a. Such a little amp could drive such huge speakers and b. The sound quality blew me away. So I knew what the D200 was capable of even though Wilson Sashas are out of my price range right now. Using it currently with some Kudos C2s and even they sound very good but I know the D200 is capable of much more. Speaker upgrade on the shopping list!

All the best

Jonathan
Devialet D200, Linn Majik DS, Pro-Ject X-Pack turntable, PMC Fact 8 speakers,
Creek headphone amp, Sennheiser HD700, Monitor Audio sub.
(26-Jul-2015, 11:23)Jgw911 Wrote: Ok, got off my backside to check the back of the Yamaha (was previously reading the manual because checking the back of the Yamaha means pulling it out of the rack). Was actually a 3.5 mm socket as well not an RCA after all (the manual really wasn't clear on that). Went for a rummage in my cables box and found a stereo 3.5 mm to 3.5 mm. Then used the Configurator to switch on the trigger input on the Dev. Connected everything up and.....

It works!!!! The Dev comes on when the AVR is switched on AND the Dev switches off when the AVR is switched off - result!!

I've configured the Dev to set to AV bypass as the default startup option so that's job done I think. The one weakness of not having an IR remote sensor is a weakness no more.

That's a good Sunday's work methinks. Time for a cuppa and a few biccies (and maybe a movie).

thanks for tht advice. worked fine for me as well. 

it is just a pity that devialet does not switch to Bypass automatically when it gets triggered by the AVR.

Now I need to configure Bypass as defaut input whenever my Devialet turns on. I do not like that, honestly, as it was previously set to my Phono Station Sad