Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most irritating issue as of now?
(13-Aug-2015, 01:33)hk6230 Wrote: What is the AIR buffer size set? And, what is your PC's configuration; ie. CPU speed and memory?

Air buffer size: 1000ms
CPU: Intel Quad core i5-750
Speed: 2.67GHz
Memory: 8GB

John
(13-Aug-2015, 09:55)JohnH Wrote:
(13-Aug-2015, 01:33)hk6230 Wrote: What is the AIR buffer size set? And, what is your PC's configuration; ie. CPU speed and memory?

Air buffer size: 1000ms
CPU: Intel Quad core i5-750
Speed: 2.67GHz
Memory: 8GB

John
Hmm, your PC's resources look good, in fact, much better than my NUC (mine is only dual core). AIR buffer size is ok, too. As for your network, you said your PC and Devialet were wired, so that should be okay, too. You may want to check if you have anti-virus and/or anti-spam software installed (I don't) which may be checking on your files while playing. Maybe, you may want to try out different ethernet cables.

Other than that, for now, I can't see why your experience is difference from mine. I can play DSD64 DSF music using AIR-wifi with no issue at all. I had played at least 4 DSD albums today, without a single hitch.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Revising the Windows power management setting to "high performance" can help with stuttering etc.
(13-Aug-2015, 13:27)Confused Wrote: Revising the Windows power management setting to "high performance" can help with stuttering etc.
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried making the change but it made no difference. I also tried increasing the Air buffer size to 2000ms and that also made no difference to the incidence of the popping noises. However, this is not really a problem for me as I don't need to use Air. Trying it out was more of a technical exercise out of interest.
Interesting regarding PC resources. I've never had an issue with AIR with Win7 or 8 on an old (2008) and slow first generation Asus Eee Box, but have had repeated issues with a 2-year old and by most standards powerful gaming PC running either of those OSes and optimised to remove unnecessary services etc. Always wired-throughout gigabit Ethernet in both cases
(13-Aug-2015, 18:42)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Interesting regarding PC resources. I've never had an issue with AIR with Win7 or 8 on an old (2008) and slow first generation Asus Eee Box, but have had repeated issues with a 2-year old and by most standards powerful gaming PC running either of those OSes and optimised to remove unnecessary services etc. Always wired-throughout gigabit Ethernet in both cases

There might be something in this.  I can only really comment with respect to what the power management settings do with respect to my PC, which is a year old quad core Intel i5 machine.  As it happens, my previous (clapped out) Windows Vista PC ran AIR perfectly, zero issues.
If Devialet employees read this "most irritating issue" thread (and I bet they do), it seems to me that it will reinforce what I suspect is their view that AIR (or more strictly AIR2) is an application that works pretty reliably but inexplicably on some kit (promisingly with Windows 10); and fails to work reliably and solvably on other kit.

And what might work this year might fail next - simply subject to the uncontrollable tweaking by Microsoft and Apple.

I'm increasingly convinced that AIR2 will be replaced by Spark/Dialog in the next year or so.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
IanG-UK - I agree with your expectations. Building an eco-system with all Devialet products and the Dialog as the navel is the logical way to develope the system.

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
wifi connection signal loss on Phantoms...

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net