Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most irritating issue as of now?
I like the Remote though I have the advantage of wall mounted 800s so I can see the volume level. I suspect I'd be irritated with it if I used horizontal units.

I despise AIR because it is a failed system, for at least 20% of users, which Devialet won't admit to. I don't use it now and my best bet is that the next hardware upgrade will result in Experts with Spark/Dialog boards in and Air boards out, with the option for existing users to have existing units modified if they wish. That is possibly next May's Munich event (along with another product launch).
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
My 200 is wall-mounted 30% below and 70% above the rear/top of my roll top desk and 42" from my face and centered with the tip of my nose... the PERFECT location in my setting! Remote sits on the desk's writing level to the right of my trackpad and works first-time/every time so no issues there whatsoever. And I'm fine dragging out SDC's for the occasional FW upgrade. But why can't the total of the configurator reside wholly contained in the 200 display port and be adjustable from the remote either with on/off, up/down, yes/no selection commands!?! Life would be so easy and I'd listen to a L-O-T more configs than I currently do. There's so many single/one-off tweak configs I'd dabble with on a onesie-twosie basis. Currently I feel like I have to do more config changes than I really want due to effort to do it over or again if I'm short or selected too many. Individual or multiple settings of the ENTIRE configurator with instant activation from the remote would be the 1st item at top of my wish list.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Replying slightly against my better judgement, as I'm not entirely not sure what this thread will achieve except making us feel a bit depressed (sorry Mike...).  But here goes:

What bothers me most is the gap between the marketing hype and the reality.  Devialet's products are certainly innovative and desirable, but they also have their faults.  I for one would find it much easier to "forgive" them for these faults if their marketing wasn't so self-congratulatory and over-the-top.

As others have pointed out, they could also get a lot more of their customers "on side" if they would communicate honestly and openly about what they're doing to resolve some of these problems.  Judging by the members of this forum there is a wealth of technical expertise among their user base that they could use to their advantage if only they would acknowledge that they need (our) help and are not too proud to ask for it.  And that means a two-way process of sharing information.

Just to be clear, I am very pleased with my 400 and don't spend my waking moments agonising about what Devialet are doing wrong.  But it is frustrating that the few technical niggles are amplified by what seems from the outside to be Devialet's generally dismissive and rather condescending approach to their customers.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
The non-AIR is unacceptable to me. How a serious company like this can let that go in the market amazes me. An absolute non-sense and a lack of respect of the customers.
I love the remote for volume adjustement. It is one of Devialet strong point IMO.
Would love to be able to do the config in an app. Doesnt really bother me ( compared to AIR ) but would be nice.
Superb SQ... Thanks also to the Aurender....
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

I find that AIR issue is the biggest letdown. I enjoy the remote as I can see my display with a prism from 2.0m away. [I have another alternative at seeing which audio input is currently on via my PC's AIR setting.] And I have set my display to dim after 10s, so I normally don't look at the display when changing the volume; ie. I turn the volume to my comfortable listening level. I do agree that if the configuration & firmware update can be done via ethernet/wifi instead of using SD card, will be great.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Hi All,

Sorry for being a bit of the devils advocate here (no hard feelings Thumb5). I just annoy me on, specially now when for me playing around with the optimal riaa settings, that I can sit in my listening position and do this. And the fact that Devialet is supposed to be on top of this kind of technical tour the force makes it even worse, not to have a useful display. For me being display handicapped is like having a long stick to change channels on your old tv 3 meters from it.
Depressing thread or not, perhaps I wanted to stir some emotions for a bigger group force on Devialet and for what it matters read this forum.
Have a nice day and we all have to keep pushing Devialet to deliver what I feel they promised long time ago/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
This thread reminds me of the IOS thread on the Roon forum.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(27-Jul-2015, 22:03)thumb5 Wrote: Replying slightly against my better judgement, as I'm not entirely not sure what this thread will achieve except making us feel a bit depressed (sorry Mike...).  But here goes:

What bothers me most is the gap between the marketing hype and the reality.  Devialet's products are certainly innovative and desirable, but they also have their faults.  I for one would find it much easier to "forgive" them for these faults if their marketing wasn't so self-congratulatory and over-the-top.

As others have pointed out, they could also get a lot more of their customers "on side" if they would communicate honestly and openly about what they're doing to resolve some of these problems.  Judging by the members of this forum there is a wealth of technical expertise among their user base that they could use to their advantage if only they would acknowledge that they need (our) help and are not too proud to ask for it.  And that means a two-way process of sharing information.

Just to be clear, I am very pleased with my 400 and don't spend my waking moments agonising about what Devialet are doing wrong.  But it is frustrating that the few technical niggles are amplified by what seems from the outside to be Devialet's generally dismissive and rather condescending approach to their customers.

+1 Great post!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Lack of Spark / Dialogue for the Experts and the Air problems kind of takes away much of the reasoning behind buying my 200. I was looking for a one box solution (well, plus a little Dialogue box). I am getting by on a MacMini / USB hook-up ;-) thus far.

However, I am more keen to get Roon operating with the Dev now, and this could be achieved in time if Air worked properly and reliably. As such, my trigger finger keeps hovering over Aurender web-pages, and these seem a much better bet to adopt RoonSpeaker protocol before Devialet even start to consider it.

I moved away from Naim because of their slowwww software development, and currently Devialet seems to have stalled somewhat on their promises and expectations. I hope it's a blip, and I hope my patience (already run ragged by Naim) does not flounder with Devialet.

Having said this, I am still loving the overall performance of the 200!
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(28-Jul-2015, 19:14)AllenB Wrote: Lack of Spark / Dialogue for the Experts and the Air problems kind of takes away much of the reasoning behind buying my 200. I was looking for a one box solution (well, plus a little Dialogue box). I am getting by on a MacMini / USB hook-up ;-) thus far.

Having said this, I am still loving the overall performance of the 200!

+1 for this post.
Sometimes I actually wonder how Devialet get away with this. I love my 200, but six months later I am still using a CD transport after giving up my network player......as I was led to believe the Dev was a one box solution. This is why the AIR issues fore me are the most irritating for me.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England