Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most irritating issue as of now?
- Lack of functional and reliable AIR software AFTER being sold on it's merits and after a working home demo is perhaps the biggest let down. Although I do not regret it now, it did force me to purchase a streamer and associated interconnects, etc and rethink how to integrate the source component.
- A feeling that the "expert" line has become an afterthought after rumours of UPnP implementation.
- The damn broken foot replacement (happened to me with two different D120 units), feels like a design flaw. No other brand/gear that I've owned over the past 30 years had a support foot fall off.
- The remote iPad app is a joke and needs a serious update. There's no horizontal/landscape mode and not native to the iPad screen size. It would be great it would offer the same functionality as the actual remote or some additional functionally like balance and tone controls.

/rant
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
Gotta be SD card updates, I mean who is doing that nowadays!!!!! If their gear came in bakelite finishes with big clunky knobs then it might fit in nicely....

Second gripe is Spark app, can't say there was much "Spark" going on when they thought of how that would work. Its great if you only load up a few songs at a time but I have over 20,000 tracks and its is a miserable experiencing loading them and then scrolling through them (why the icons for tracks are so large!).

Anyway I am sure they will get there one day...roll on uPNP.

Rant over....
(30-Jul-2015, 05:37)Ants Wrote: - The remote iPad app is a joke and needs a serious update. There's no horizontal/landscape mode and not native to the iPad screen size. It would be great it would offer the same functionality as the actual remote or some additional functionally like balance and tone controls.

The remote app should be updated to display all values that can be see on the tiny display on top of each unit (and in the case of a D400, both units),
should allow us to adjust all values from the app while seeing the new value that gets selected so that we can optimize the performance from our listening positions;
it should also show the info for the firmware version, etc. in each unit of a master-slave pair, and allow us to control the update of the firmware, displaying the same info as in the tiny screen on top of each unit.

The above are really simple.

An advanced high-school student will do them in under a week.

How long will it take you, Devialet?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(30-Jul-2015, 10:45)miro Wrote:
(30-Jul-2015, 05:37)Ants Wrote: - The remote iPad app is a joke and needs a serious update. There's no horizontal/landscape mode and not native to the iPad screen size. It would be great it would offer the same functionality as the actual remote or some additional functionally like balance and tone controls.

The remote app should be updated to display all values that can be see on the tiny display on top of each unit (and in the case of a D400, both units),
should allow us to adjust all values from the app while seeing the new value that gets selected so that we can optimize the performance from our listening positions;
it should also show the info for the firmware version, etc. in each unit of a master-slave pair, and allow us to control the update of the firmware, displaying the same info as in the tiny screen on top of each unit.

+1
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(30-Jul-2015, 11:01)Mikeeo Wrote:
(30-Jul-2015, 10:45)miro Wrote:

+1

Also, the app should display the temperature, and other status info (in the case of a D400 for both units).
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
Air.

Any other frustrations could be dealt with by future improvements and enhancements, but Devialet don't owe me those things per-se. They do owe me a working version of Air though.

They seem determined to become a 'lifestyle' brand now, as if trying to live up to their unjustified reputation in their early days.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-Jul-2015, 01:28)hk6230 Wrote: I find that AIR issue is the biggest letdown. I enjoy the remote as I can see my display with a prism from 2.0m away. [I have another alternative at seeing which audio input is currently on via my PC's AIR setting.] And I have set my display to dim after 10s, so I normally don't look at the display when changing the volume; ie. I turn the volume to my comfortable listening level. I do agree that if the configuration & firmware update can be done via ethernet/wifi instead of using SD card, will be great.

hk

Can you post a link to the prism you use?

Thx

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada

At the recent HiFiLounge Phantom day, I asked the Devialet representative about the prospects of an updated Remote app with better functionality and was told that there were no plans to do this. The wanted level of control would be achieved via the Dialog unit.
(04-Aug-2015, 13:07)JohnH Wrote:

At the recent HiFiLounge Phantom day, I asked the Devialet representative about the prospects of an updated Remote app with better functionality and was told that there were no plans to do this.  The wanted level of control would be achieved via the Dialog unit.

I was told the opposite in a support email from Devialet about 2-3 weeks ago.
(28-Jul-2015, 19:14)AllenB Wrote: Lack of Spark / Dialogue for the Experts and the Air problems kind of takes away much of the reasoning behind buying my 200. I was looking for a one box solution (well, plus a little Dialogue box). I am getting by on a MacMini / USB hook-up ;-) thus far.

However, I am more keen to get Roon operating with the Dev now, and this could be achieved in time if Air worked properly and reliably. As such, my trigger finger keeps hovering over Aurender web-pages, and these seem a much better bet to adopt RoonSpeaker protocol before Devialet even start to consider it.

I moved away from Naim because of their slowwww software development, and currently Devialet seems to have stalled somewhat on their promises and expectations. I hope it's a blip, and I hope my patience (already run ragged by Naim) does not flounder with Devialet.

Having said this, I am still loving the overall performance of the 200!

I don't think that the Devialet was ever a one box solution. Perhaps in the future if they incorporate Tidal or some such. You music must reside somewhere. I do understand you frustration as Air was heavily promoted. Since I have a Synology NAS, now relegated to backup status, I never considered Air a solution for me. I always used some sort of stand alone renderer and decided to upgrade to Aurender so I am mostly content.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.