Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most irritating issue as of now?
(04-Aug-2015, 13:00)MusicFirst Wrote:
(28-Jul-2015, 01:28)hk6230 Wrote: I find that AIR issue is the biggest letdown. I enjoy the remote as I can see my display with a prism from 2.0m away. [I have another alternative at seeing which audio input is currently on via my PC's AIR setting.] And I have set my display to dim after 10s, so I normally don't look at the display when changing the volume; ie. I turn the volume to my comfortable listening level. I do agree that if the configuration & firmware update can be done via ethernet/wifi instead of using SD card, will be great.

hk

Can you post a link to the prism you use?

Thx

Kerry

Hi Kerry, I bought mine from the China's Taobao.com.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z...jpm3bj4797

[img][Image: 2015-08-04%20222810.jpg][/img]
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I consider the expert range a DAC/crossover/amp but not a streamer. Initially limited to red book AIR worked for me: WiFi direct from my Macbook or iPad. It was a simple but limited way to get into computer audio. But since then it never work satisfactory and I am quite annoyed by the discrepancy between Devialet's marketing and technical reality.
I am happy with that my D250 works great as a DAC/crossover/amp and the function I missed for years just got added: time delay within the crossover function! I hoped that the Dialog will be a replacement for AIR but my expectation level now is very low that it will be a functional and reliable solution ever. Also audio is moving constantly like Roon, MQS and streaming (like Tidal) and I think one needs a system which can adapt to these changes and I doubt it will come from Devialet.
(04-Aug-2015, 15:26)rwjr44 Wrote:
(28-Jul-2015, 19:14)AllenB Wrote: Lack of Spark / Dialogue for the Experts and the Air problems kind of takes away much of the reasoning behind buying my 200. I was looking for a one box solution (well, plus a little Dialogue box). I am getting by on a MacMini / USB hook-up ;-) thus far.

However, I am more keen to get Roon operating with the Dev now, and this could be achieved in time if Air worked properly and reliably. As such, my trigger finger keeps hovering over Aurender web-pages, and these seem a much better bet to adopt RoonSpeaker protocol before Devialet even start to consider it.

I moved away from Naim because of their slowwww software development, and currently Devialet seems to have stalled somewhat on their promises and expectations. I hope it's a blip, and I hope my patience (already run ragged by Naim) does not flounder with Devialet.

Having said this, I am still loving the overall performance of the 200!

I don't think that the Devialet was ever a one box solution. Perhaps in the future if they incorporate Tidal or some such. You music must reside somewhere. I do understand you frustration as Air was heavily promoted. Since I have a Synology NAS, now relegated to backup status, I never considered Air a solution for me. I always used some sort of stand alone renderer and decided to upgrade to Aurender so I am mostly content.

I hear what you are saying, and maybe 'one-box' was pushing it a little, but when I bought my Dev 200, the Dialogue was being promised as compatible for Expert range by Munich 2015 or thereabouts. Like you I have a Synology NAS, so there was a hope on my part that the 200 + Dialogue + NAS would be all that I needed and quite an elegant set up given that the Dialogue could be tucked away out of sight.

I started seriously considering an Aurender, but then Roon was released, and that is now obligatory for me. So it's now a case of getting Roon through to the 200, wouldn't it be great if Devialet adopted RoonSpeaker protocol, this could be all that Air promised to be but better control of one's music all round, including seamless Tidal integration. Only issue appears to be that Devialet can't be bothered to even speak with Roon, even though an NDA has been signed, I believe.

Not sure if it's the whole Phantom thing, but Devialet seems to have lost it's focus, they seem more concerned in getting as many pictures on Facebook as they can at the moment, and everything Expert / Air seems to be a little forgotten. So it seems to me Huh
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Tongue 
Regarding the display visibility issues... all you need is a Windows PC, a serial cable, a giant 65in plasma on top of your Devialet, a degree in computing, and my software:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=259]

Easy. Don't know why didn't anyone think of this before. (No configuration options though!)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(05-Aug-2015, 13:14)JohnnySix Wrote: Regarding the display visibility issues... all you need is a Windows PC, a serial cable, a giant 65in plasma on top of your Devialet, a degree in computing, and my software:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=259]

Easy. Don't know why didn't anyone think of this before. (No configuration options though!)
Kudos to you.

This might be very neat, if you could somehow eliminate the PC. I don't have one in my listening room.

Please give us more details. Thanks
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
See this rotting old thread here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=235
Methinks any glimmer of interest will be quickly extinguished by the fussy equipment setup requirements.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(05-Aug-2015, 18:00)JohnnySix Wrote: See this rotting old thread here: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=235
Methinks any glimmer of interest will be quickly extinguished by the fussy equipment setup requirements.

Thanks.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I was going to say AIR but I'm listening through it now and it's working! ...I might be back...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(06-Aug-2015, 07:47)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I was going to say AIR but I'm listening through it now and it's working! ...I might be back...

See you later today or tomorrow…. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(06-Aug-2015, 08:55)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(06-Aug-2015, 07:47)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I was going to say AIR but I'm listening through it now and it's working! ...I might be back...

See you later today or tomorrow….  Wink

No...still ok! Bugger, nothing to complain about...   Confused
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.