Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM working on right channel (companion unit) only
Hi All,

I'm looking for a little advice.

Having set my Sasha 2 speakers up, I let them bed in for a few hours then made a new config card to activate SAM.

Only the right hand channel was working with SAM switched on. When turned off, both channels are fine.

I tried another new set up at lunch time today with the same results.

I've contacted the Devialet support desk and am waiting for their reply.

Anyone else experienced this, and if so, how was it resolved.

Thanks in advance. Isn't technology wonderful haha!
(03-Aug-2015, 11:16)Nemal1 Wrote: Hi All,

I'm looking for a little advice.

Having set my Sasha 2 speakers up, I let them bed in for a few hours then made a new config card to activate SAM.

Only the right hand channel was working with SAM switched on. When turned off, both channels are fine.

I tried another new set up at lunch time today with the same results.

I've contacted the Devialet support desk and am waiting for their reply.

Anyone else experienced this, and if so, how was it resolved.

Thanks in advance. Isn't technology wonderful haha!

What firmware are you using?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi Guilaume....8.1.3
I had some problem with my 400 when I got my companion. I loaded in the firmware once more and created new config files and loaded in them and that solved my problem. I only use the supplied SD cards the one that came with my 200 I use for firmware and the 2 cards that came with my companion I use for config files.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

It's certainly worth trying what octaviars has suggested, plus, be careful not to use SD cards with more than 4GB capacity, this can be problematic.

Do you have dual mono amps?
Hi, thanks for the replies so far.
Do I need to do a seperate config card for the other 400?
So far, I've used the configurator setting up which outputs/inputs I require then saving the configuration onto the master SD card.
My configurator says SAM is on both channels as Sasha 2, but again last night when I tried it was just one channel. As soon as I turned SAM off, it was fine again.
(04-Aug-2015, 05:45)Nemal1 Wrote: Do I need to do a seperate config card for the other 400?

Yes you do!  Two separate SD cards are required to be made from the dual mono configurator.  You need to select D400 in the dual mono configurator, you should see from there where you make the master and companion SD cards.  It looks like this is where your problem is.
(04-Aug-2015, 13:06)Confused Wrote:
(04-Aug-2015, 05:45)Nemal1 Wrote: Do I need to do a seperate config card for the other 400?

Yes you do!  Two separate SD cards are required to be made from the dual mono configurator.  You need to select D400 in the dual mono configurator, you should see from there where you make the master and companion SD cards.  It looks like this is where your problem is.

Correct. See my post on your system thread.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
do you still have the problem?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Hello,

Yes I do, and have copied the reply received from Devialet this morning:

"We have had other similar feedbacks last week. Our guess is that there is an issue with the online configurator + Sam. We will need to wait for our engineer's return in order to investigate this issue. He should be back next week.
In the mean time please send us your configuration and we would invite you to not use SAM at the moment".

It's good to know I'm not going insane with the amount of times I've tried to get this working!