Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SACDs
Oppo converts to PCM as well.. just not at high-res over toslink. I got a signal from it by using HDMI to my TV and from the TV toslink to the Dialog.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Sounds good! Thanks, Confused; trashken!

I'm mostly interested in players that will take USB in for SSD/HDD...
I definitely love my Phantoms but I can tell you that you won't hear any difference's between standard CD quality or 24/192 if both files were made from the same source. Phantoms are lacking the fine dynamics it needed to dicide between these two sources.

It's just your brain that makes you think there is a difference because there has to be one. I consider it to be totally senseless to feed more than CD quality to the Phantoms and in fact I am not even able see any accoustic disadvantages if using 320 MP3 made from a good quality source.
(10-Aug-2015, 03:58)trashken Wrote: Oppo converts to PCM as well.. just not at high-res over toslink. I got a signal from it by using HDMI to my TV and from the TV toslink to the Dialog.

(10-Aug-2015, 19:22)Dvlt PhD Wrote: Sounds good! Thanks, Confused; trashken!

I'm mostly interested in players that will take USB in for SSD/HDD...

Well, it looks this could be it...
https://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-...ack-hr.jpg I'll look further into how many audio/video formats it supports through USB for drives.

I haven't looked into Pioneer, yet, though...