Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark on windows does not find Dialog
My Phantoms run without problems within my WLAN and with Spark on my iMac and iPad/iPhone.
When I try to use SPARK on my windows laptop, Spark does not find the Dialog. Has anybody solved a similar situation? My guess is, that it is a company laptop, they locked some ports so that the communication between Spark and Dialog cannot be established.
Since I am a Mac guy I struggle to find the right tools under windows to drill down the root cause.
Devialet support declined help for windows and adviced to go for my IT support. They didn't even tell me about required ports. A bit disappointing.

Cheers,

Krisp
theres no ports to be blocked on that laptop that would stop it from accessing the dialog!

do you know the ip address of the dialog?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Hello CL,

I could find the IP in the list of devices on my router.

Cheers,

Krisp
It might be something to do with multicast (IGMP). Device discovery is usually done by sending out IGMP messages and waiting for a response from one or more devices on the network. It could be the laptop is blocked from sending out IGMP, or maybe from receiving the acknowledgement somehow.
try disabling the windows firewall temporarily - it could be blocking the network traffic
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Krisp might not have permissions to do that if it's a company laptop Sad
(05-Aug-2015, 16:06)Krisp Wrote: My Phantoms run without problems within my WLAN and with Spark on my iMac and iPad/iPhone.
When I try to use SPARK on my windows laptop, Spark does not find the Dialog. Has anybody solved a similar situation? My guess is, that it is a company laptop, they locked some ports so that the communication between Spark and Dialog cannot be established.
Since I am a Mac guy I struggle to find the right tools under windows to drill down the root cause.
Devialet support declined help for windows and adviced to go for my IT support. They didn't even tell me about required ports. A bit disappointing.

Cheers,

Krisp

I am pretty sure that Devialet would not wish to interfere with the IT strategy of your employer, nor would I Smile so I would follow their recommendation and ask your company IT dept.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

yeah but if he does it for like... 1 minute just to see if it works or not surenly he will be ok Smile
Devialet support wrote me that they use UDP on Port 4242 for the discovery of the Dialog in the WLAN. I'll check out with my IT department if this issue can be solved.
Thanks for your replies, I'll update the chat if I got new news.

Cheers,

Krisp