Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog Issue
Has anybody come across an issue with the Dialog whereby SPARK does not pick it up ? This is manifested by a pulsing orange light at the back of the dialog, instead of a white light.

I've done several resets. Initially the light is white, but after a few seconds turns orange and starts pulsating.

I've unplugged the Dialog from the mains, reset the Ethernet cable and used a different port on the router, but to no avail. Has anybody experienced a similar issue and if so, what was the fix ? Of course I will be contacting Devialet, but any recommendations in the meantime, would be welcome.
Did you try resetting the Dialog? (i.e. pressing the white light 3 times)

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...TOM-DIALOG-
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Just to eliminate a possibility: are you certain that your router has enough DHCP address to allocate addresses to ALL your gadgets (including Dialog)? I recently ran into a problem where I had a Network Address clash, making both items behave erratically. The Dialog only works by DHCP, so I've forced my Router to allocate a fixed IP address to it using its MAC.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I would also swop out the ethernet cable just to be sure, they can fail.
it's very strange it is not possible to assign fixed ip to the Dialog. Every computer based device in my home have fixed ip address (pcs, tvs, ipcams, printers, ipads, Philips hue, etc.). I manually configured each device.
If you can get the MAC address, you can assign a fixed IP to it on your router.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)