Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stripped 200
    Just got back from the stripper. The guys did an excellent job!! Didn't lose a single thread in any of the tiny M3X.5mm threaded bosses! That was my biggest concern that I'd lose a bit of threading if the guys didn't keep a close eye on things and acid started eating into the aluminum after the final layer of plating had been eaten away. As you can see from one of the pics even the machining tooling marks all remain intact internally. Perfect job and an incredible value at 60 bucks flat! They promised a week-to-ten days and todays the 10th day but I'd waited whatever it took for this quality!

Dark spots in pic is finger oil smudging the oxidation layer that remains after acid bath & rinse and protects surfaces from contact with overly acidic/alkaline substances until whatever texture is applied then washed away prior to anodizing.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Pic of the underside and I guess my pics are just too large to get more than one in a single post. Tho you guy's are just gonna have to live with that at the cost of Hi-Res pics.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Hi Manoet, why did you do it?

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Wink 
Manoet,

Some forum members may be viewing this site at work or in a family situation.  Please refrain from posting or at least give a warning when you are posting nude pictures.  

Thank you. Angel
(17-Aug-2015, 20:28)Morten Wrote: Hi Manoet, why did you do it?

Kind regards Morten

If you're serious you might want to start with the thread titled "Chrome stripping" 13 threads below below this one and catch up. Its a bit of a long-winded explanation to go into here.
    Threaded bosses in pristine condition. No loss whatsoever of major/minor diameters or pitch. As good now as it was pre-plated. And ALL of them are in this shape! Sometimes ya just get REALLY lucky!
Awesome. Well done. Glad to see it was successful. Going forward with the anodizing next?

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(17-Aug-2015, 20:40)Manoet Wrote:
(17-Aug-2015, 20:28)Morten Wrote: Hi Manoet, why did you do it?

Kind regards Morten

If you're serious you might want to start with the thread titled "Chrome stripping" 13 threads below below this one and catch up. Its a bit of a long-winded explanation to go into here.

Holy moly, that is serious tweaking...

I'm impressed

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Tomorrow morning the belly pan goes to the powder coater to be stripped as they're the only guys with the magic liquid that strips powder coating. Then I'll take the rest of the week and weekend doing all the convection cooling bores in the case and test-fitting components and making the F'tech IEC a plug-n-play piece. Hopefully next Monday morning everything can go to the anodizer. With some luck I could be reassembling two weeks from today. There's a lot of people attending RMAF this year, Oct. 2-4 that wanna get a look at this and I live just 6.5 miles from the hotel where its held every year and I'm helping this year all 3 days. I imagine one or two from Devialet will also get a peek. Might do a little elbow rubbing alongside some industry friends and hob-nob with the Devialet entourage to see if I can work out a warranty arrangement while there. Little networking never hurt and ya never know what might come of it! Especially when displaying a bright shiny black-on-black-in-black Expert with screaming Rosso Corsa Red enamel back-filled-flush "DEVIALET" lettering in the top.
Manoet,

Do you know for a fact that someone from Devialet will be at RMAF? They are not listed as exhibitors.