Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark, screen not OK
I installed Spark (latest version) on my Asus W5F laptop; the program interface is not displayed correctly.
Devialet Support says it is a video(card) problem and closed the request.

Any ideas how to solve this ?

[Image: 5392abb99cc8246c87eb31a114e65f24.jpg]

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Presumably that's not you censoring out the music you like to listen to with black boxes?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Perhaps you could try some way of disabling your "advanced" graphics card drivers, and temporarily let the laptop run in basic video compatibility mode (e.g. run in 256 color mode under Compatibility options). This might reveal less display corruption and provide a clue, but trying to find the problem with your normal video driver would be more complicated... especially if no other apps suffer the same problem.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
How do they know it's a video card problem? I can understand if you had problems with other apps or in a browser. That sounds like a total cop out.
(Edit) JohnnySix's suggestion is a good one.
Thanks for your ideas. I already tried the compatibility mode, and screen resolutions etc.
All my other programs work well.
The Devialet response was short en powerfull..not their problem.
I haved searched for required videospecs for Spark but did find nothing.
Perhaps it is a lack of video-memory (which is only 256 Mb).

Thanks, but I already use the latest drivers.

(18-Aug-2015, 21:31)jvi Wrote: Thanks, but I already use the latest drivers.

Hi
I had quite the same problem and fixed it by installing Direct X
Yannick, which version of DirectX did you use ?

I'm using DirectX 11 on Windows 7 Pro 64
Well, I tried Direct11 with Vista and Windows 7, although both the 32-bits version, the problem stays.
On one of my other systems (64 bit, Windows 10) everything works fine. Without minimum requiered specs for Spark it will not come to a solution I Guess.
Thanks for all the help.