Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible new competitor to the 800?
In all honesty, the Aavik should be compered to a D800 price wise though I never heard the advantage of a D800 vs D400 at least not in the systems I heard them.
The Aavik is so much better on the riaa side, despite Devialets multi setting choices, and in general Aavik has better grip, clarity and rhythm capabilities, it makes better music to our ears BUT at a price of course. Got a good deal from my hifi pimp.
And it is also nice to get back real stereo focus.
For my system it works a treat/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(13-Sep-2015, 09:39)Mikeeo Wrote: In all honesty, the Aavik should be compered to a D800 price wise though I never heard the advantage of a D800 vs D400 at least not in the systems I heard them.
The Aavik is so much better on the riaa side, despite Devialets multi setting choices, and in general Aavik has better grip, clarity and rhythm capabilities, it makes better music to our ears BUT at a price of course. Got a good deal from my hifi pimp.

But honestly Mike dont you need to upgrade your speakers, I think that the Aavik need something more than a cheap pair of Raidho X1..... Wink  You need to move up a notch in the Raido family.....wouldnt something with a "D" be a nice thing? I dont think your hifi pimp (who also happens to be mine) is not going to want to sell a new pair of speakers to you.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(13-Sep-2015, 16:51)octaviars Wrote:
(13-Sep-2015, 09:39)Mikeeo Wrote: In all honesty, the Aavik should be compered to a D800 price wise though I never heard the advantage of a D800 vs D400 at least not in the systems I heard them.

But honestly Mike dont you need to upgrade your speakers, I think that the Aavik need something more than a cheap pair of Raidho X1..... Wink  You need to move up a notch in the Raido family.....wouldnt something with a "D" be a nice thing? I dont think your hifi pimp (who also happens to be mine) is not going to want to sell a new pair of speakers to you.

Ha ha, Fredrik, but you know I do think that the D-series is extremely overpriced and there are other speakers that do things better to my ears and at a lower cost. No doubt the D series sounds great but pricing no thanks. I am sure our pimp dealer have some suggestions. Remember money is not all, I chose Raidho X1 over C1.1/D1 and I still stand to I prefer X1, maybe Aavik will change my mind....
Raidho cousins Scansonic will probably be at the other way ie lots of SQ for reasonable money.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(13-Sep-2015, 17:23)Mikeeo Wrote:
(13-Sep-2015, 16:51)octaviars Wrote:

Ha ha, Fredrik, but you know I do think that the D-series is extremely overpriced and there are other speakers that do things better to my ears and at a lower cost. No doubt the D series sounds great but pricing no thanks. I am sure our pimp dealer have some suggestions. Remember money is not all, I chose Raidho X1 over C1.1/D1 and I still stand to I prefer X1, maybe Aavik will change my mind....
Raidho cousins Scansonic will probably be at the other way ie lots of SQ for reasonable money.

/Mike

Haha yes I know what you think about the prices of the D series and I think the same. I dont know why I am looking at new speakers I really like my Electras, but now the Scansonic and the new Focal Sopra is in my mind.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

looking to get the Dealership of Gryphon, I would appreciate any reviews you may have Smile

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(12-Sep-2015, 20:01)Mikeeo Wrote: Talking about competitor!

I had the Aavik U-300 at home and now Stefan has it.

Conclusion: It beat D400 on all points and by quite a margin, in my system that is. Ok, so I have Raidho speakers and perhaps some 'house' synergy. 
The riaa section is over the top amazing, never heard that good vinyl replay before. But also digital electrical as optical works better than Devialet, in my system that is. There is absolutely no background noise.
In general the Aavik is tighter, better resolved over the whole music spectra, bigger sound scape, coherence and superb stereo focus (but that was expected from the never perfect stereo from the Devialet mono). 
Dynamics are a bit better and Aaviks is rhythmically better.
Bass is not one tone any longer but of course 1 octave less as Aavik has no SAM function, but the bass produced is so resolved and kicking I can be without the last octave.
Devialet sounds boxed in in comparison. 
As a vinyl first person the Aavik has a world class riaa and it totally crushed Devialet.

Even wife started tapping her feet and nodding head, something that is, I guess, is a testament to the musicality of the Aavik.
Devialet D400 is no slouch at all but in comparison it was no contest.

Aavik has 300W/8 ohm, 600W/4 ohm, 1200W/2 ohm, 2400W/1 ohm whereof 2 and 1 ohm only transient, maybe that extra power was needed in my system!?

At Stefans place the difference where more about taste than big difference, though slightly (to my ears) tighter grip, bigger sound scape, somewhat more relaxed and a bit leaner was the Aavik compared to Devialet 250 (Stefan sold one of his 250). Ansuz footers under Devialet gives bigger SQ hike than going mono so all you Dev people try out Ansuz footers these should be considered mandatory for a fantastic SQ hike/fix albeit at a considerable price. So in Stefans system with Wilson Sasha2 and 250 the diff was more like apples and pears.

Well I say bye Devialet for this time and welcome Aavik!

While waiting for the Aavik I'll be Devialetting myself a bit more.

/Mike

So it means You are selling 400?
(17-Sep-2015, 08:46)moreno1973 Wrote:
(12-Sep-2015, 20:01)Mikeeo Wrote: Talking about competitor!

I had the Aavik U-300 at home and now Stefan has it.

Conclusion: It beat D400 on all points and by quite a margin, in my system that is. Ok, so I have Raidho speakers and perhaps some 'house' synergy. 
The riaa section is over the top amazing, never heard that good vinyl replay before. But also digital electrical as optical works better than Devialet, in my system that is. There is absolutely no background noise.
In general the Aavik is tighter, better resolved over the whole music spectra, bigger sound scape, coherence and superb stereo focus (but that was expected from the never perfect stereo from the Devialet mono). 
Dynamics are a bit better and Aaviks is rhythmically better.
Bass is not one tone any longer but of course 1 octave less as Aavik has no SAM function, but the bass produced is so resolved and kicking I can be without the last octave.
Devialet sounds boxed in in comparison. 
As a vinyl first person the Aavik has a world class riaa and it totally crushed Devialet.

Even wife started tapping her feet and nodding head, something that is, I guess, is a testament to the musicality of the Aavik.
Devialet D400 is no slouch at all but in comparison it was no contest.

Aavik has 300W/8 ohm, 600W/4 ohm, 1200W/2 ohm, 2400W/1 ohm whereof 2 and 1 ohm only transient, maybe that extra power was needed in my system!?

At Stefans place the difference where more about taste than big difference, though slightly (to my ears) tighter grip, bigger sound scape, somewhat more relaxed and a bit leaner was the Aavik compared to Devialet 250 (Stefan sold one of his 250). Ansuz footers under Devialet gives bigger SQ hike than going mono so all you Dev people try out Ansuz footers these should be considered mandatory for a fantastic SQ hike/fix albeit at a considerable price. So in Stefans system with Wilson Sasha2 and 250 the diff was more like apples and pears.

Well I say bye Devialet for this time and welcome Aavik!

While waiting for the Aavik I'll be Devialetting myself a bit more.

/Mike

So it means You are selling 400?

Selling!