Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To DPM or not? That is the question.
My amps are in a cabinet that I built with lots of passive ventilation. I’ve never had a problem before. As I said earlier once the DPM was turned back on the temps were fine.  I was going to try turning the DPM off, but, in discussions with Dev support they suggested if I was going to get the new Core board they would prioritize the update. So, for better or worse, I just delivered both amps to fedex......

Once I get them back I’ll try turning off the DPM and report back.
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
I believe Devialet knows the problem with the cooling pad. Your amps will hopefully come back without any temperature problems!

EDIT: I've just checked my 250. In 'light' stand by I have A:34 D:36 P:44. I'll read temps after playing some songs later this evening
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
After playing medium loud around 45 minutes I have A:43 D:38 P:46. Only the class A amp has risen a little, 9 degrees. The D-amp and power supply only 2 degrees.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
FWIW when I compared DPM on and off I heard no difference. My speakers are 109dB/watt if that makes much difference.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I have to admit with my D200 I couldn't tell a difference either.
I think it's speaker dependant, with my old speakers I could not hear a difference, but could with the new.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(18-Nov-2017, 19:06)f1eng Wrote: FWIW when I compared DPM on and off I heard no difference. My speakers are 109dB/watt if that makes much difference.

Mine are only 88dB and still I can’t hear any difference. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Hello all,

I cannot find the DPM setting in the config panel for my D400. Where is it supposed to be?

Thaks a lot,

Pierre
@pisabell - it’s under general setting/power saving
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA

Under my 1000 Pro units I created large cooling holes and the units stay quite cool. I can not read the temps because the units are in Paris for the upgrade.
I also prefer DPM off.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL